[ Chapter 27 : Obsessed ]

Y/n's pov.  

" My hands do feel better now " I said as I look at my hands which had been massaged and the swell has come down.

" Your welcome miss " Jemma said.

I see my nails are shiny and well clipped by her as well.

" By the way, did I get any letters? " I turn my head to Jemma as we walk down this path of the garden.

" So far no letters received from the houses you've asked me to check on, may I ask why your waiting on a letter? " She asked.

" Just some friends from school, they said they would hang out with me around the city " I said.

" I'm sure they'll deliver some, how about I go ahead and check on the one in charge of the mail? " She asked, I nodded.

" Please do " I said.

" If you'll excuse me " she curtsy then walk leave my side as I make my way down the path.

I walk around the place and started hearing water running around here, I look over to my left to where I see a small waterfall. I walk around the place to realized it's a pond of fishes, koi fishes to be exact and I approach as I see they're a lot smaller than the ones I saw in the palace. I then felt a light touch on my arm and I look down to see a tiny frog that hopped onto me.

" Hello " I smile to see he has hop higher onto my upper arm.

I pick him up and hold him to see it's just common frog, I've seen plenty of them back at the village and his color is just olive green. They're grass frogs so pretty harmless to hold.

" Malia, why don't you come and pick up some herbal supplements at my place?, We wouldn't want you to spoil those pretty eyesight am I right? " I hear a familiar voice.

I stand up from the pond and walk over to where I heard a voice and stand behind a gazebo where I got view of Paige and Malia.

" Grandmother might not take your kindness to heart " Paige smiles.

I see Malia sit there in another gazebo working on some embroidery, she keeps her head low as she has the hoop resting on her lap.

" If you had discussed it with me before you made any decision, I could have given you advice " Paige said.

" Then you wouldn't have had prepared the similar gift to mine " 

Malia put her items on the table as she stood up with her face already about to cry.

" Was it really just a coincidence? " Malia asked

" Or did you already find out about the birthday gift I prepared, so you purposely weaved a tapestry portrait as well to make me look bad? " She asked.

" Even if I did do that on purpose. . . " Paige steps forward to Malia, taking advantage of the height difference.

" What can you do about it? " Paige's smile turns into a smirk and she lets out a laugh.

" You might be able to fool them now but can you do it forever? " Malia asked and Paige's face expression drops.

" You might have some skills but I already can see who's going to beat you at your own game, sooner or later you'll be the one under us " she said.

" Your talking about Y/n? " She laughs.

" Y/n is just no one but a useless whoreson, an illegitimate child, and are you trying to intimidate me?, Malia please, it doesn't suit you " Paige said, Malia finally step forward to her.

" Fuck you " Malia said.

Whoa, dropping the f-bomb, nice.

SMACK