[ Chapter 66 : Sleeping Sickness ]

Y/n's pov.   

" I'll see you tomorrow " Laurence said, I nod and he kisses me.

I kiss back then pull apart.

" Good luck " I said and hug him.

" You too " he said then we pull away.

We mount our separate horses and we both give each other a reassuring smile. I snap my horse rein and start running down the path of this town while Laurence goes he opposite, passing people and trying to not crash anyone then avoid accidents. It was mostly an hour ride but if I was slow it would been two hours and a half but I made down a road and up a hill.

Approaching the gates fast, two of the manservants stands in the way.

" Stop!, This is private property! " One guy stood.

My horse rose high and I pull the rein for him to calm down.

" I am Y/n M/n L/n Lycan!, I live here!, Let me through! " I said.

" Miss Y/n?!, We thought you were dead! " He said.

" Move! " I said.

" But miss, you should know something about your mother " the other said, my eyes widened ad I grip my rein tight.

" What happened to my mom?! " I asked.

" She. . . " The first guy hesitated.

" Spit it out! " I said and my horse is a little riled up right now.

" She's fallen ill " he said.

They give way I didn't wait to rush through and go around the fountain, I get off my horse and run up the steps.

" Miss Y/n?! " A maid gasp and I push the door open.

" Mom?! " I shout and run up the stairs.

I just run down the hallway and to her chambers, I push it open and stand here as I pant. I see all my brothers in here and Derek just by his desk.

" Y/n?! "

Tears just overwhelmed my eyes to see mom on the bed unconscious, pale and obviously have lost a lot of weight. Even her hair is thin and white strands, I step forward as I hold it in and take a deep breath.

" Mom? " I asked and she still lies there.

I keep walking until I'm beside her, I place my hand on her arm and their thinner, she doesn't fit in her clothes anymore.

" Mom I'm home " a tear escape my eye.

She's still sleeping.

" What happened? " I cry.

There was silence.

" What happened?! " I asked.

" She's in a coma " Eli said.

" After your accident, you've been gone for two months, she tried to cope but fell sicker " he said.

I burst out crying and fall to my knees, I felt hands grab my arm to catch me, I just hold onto mom's boney hands and place it on my face.

" Mom I'm home, please wake up " I cry.

" Please " I plead.

I look at her and she looks like she's dead already.

" Y/n " I hear Derek to my right.

I turn and see he has lost some sleep too.

" We were all devastated, there's nothing you could do either " he said.