[ Chapter 56 : Heirlooms ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Here "

" What's this? " I asked as I take the small vial from Derek.

He passes the same one to my brothers and I look inside to see some black beads of some kind are inside. I shake it to hear it rattle a little.

" It's an antitoxin, their magical " Derek said.

" For venomous creatures " Eli said.

" Creatures from the dark realm are not to be underestimated "

" Just in case you get bitten or stung take one and you should be fine for the next three hours, but you have to come back to base immediately to have it properly cured " Derek said.

" Mother made this " Faris said.

" How'd you know? " I asked.

" The bottle has her initials " he flips it to the bottom of the glass where we see it engraved in the glass.

" Your all my children, I expect you all to return home safe " Derek said.

" Thank you " Declan said.

" Sucking out the venom from the wound directly should give extra time too "

All the boys turn to me.

" What?, You learn a thing or two when you go paddy farming, and you said it's magical, it's not going to work for me " I said and then put it in my side pouch.

" If I see a snake, I'm taking it's head off first, no offense Yesh' " Elliot said then leave the tent.

" Offense taken " Yeshua said then leave the tent.

" I'll tend to my horse " Declan bows to Derek then leave as Faris follows.

Once he left with Aaron too I stand here awkwardly and look at Derek.

" I assume you have something for me other than a bottle of medicine? " I asked, he snickers.

" Yes " he turns around.

" Knew it " I mumble.

I see him opening a some kind of rectangular flat box and he takes out a huge recurve bow. I stand here in awe to see how beautiful it is, the thing is white with a golden line spiral around it, both ends has some kind of white feathers preserved. Where the arrow rest has a silver plate wrapped around and the string for it is a fine blue color, it's a little shiny, there's even some gemstones imbedded by the silver plate of the arrow rest.

" Forged by the ancestors of your mother " he said and hold it out to me.

" Why are you giving it to me? " I asked.

" She wants you to have it, I know you can use it very well " he said.

I take it with both of my hands and it's lighter than I expected, holding it up, I pull the string back and it's strong, as I let go a purple glow occurred for a second.

" Whoa " I said than lower it a little.

" It's enchanted too " I turn around to him with a confused face.

" Enchantments were banned years ago, as well as enchanted weapons, but now the law has been lifted, you may have it, your mother's family heirloom so please don't lose it or she'll have my throat instead of yours " he said.

" What was she like?, During the war I was lost in? " I asked.

" The war lasted almost two years, and you were there in the process, no one was able to protect you so I had to give you away, your mother was in better shape then " he said then step closer to me.