[ Chapter 60 : A Warning ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Ice rue and fire root? " Faris asked as I apply them on his side where the bruise is.

There's bruises all over his body, fresh ones, old ones.

" Mom used it on Yeshua last time for bruising like yours " I said.

" He sprained his shoulder, I have a broken rib " he wince when I apply a little pressure.

" You have magic, do you know the spell mom uses? " I asked and he nods.

" There " I walk away and he put his hand over it.

He starts mumbling spells while I wash my hands off with the bucket of water, I take out my dagger and see the dry blood all over it so I start washing it.

" Who was it? " I hear him asked.

" What do you mean? " I asked and dry my dagger once the blood is cleaned.

" The one who used to beat you " he said.

" My dad. . .or should I even call him that " I said and sheathe my dagger before walk over to the clothesline where his shirt is.

" How'd you two even met? " I asked and walk over to him who's washing the herbs off and cleaning his side where the bruise has turned yellow.

" My expedition a few months ago " he said and grab the shirt from my hand.

" You didn't go to that expedition for work didn't you? " I asked, he sighs and put the shirt on.

" I don't care if you judge me "

" I didn't say I was judging " I said and he looks at me with a raised brow.

" I'm comfortable with anyone " I said then walk away to clean up the table where I was mixing herbs and all.

I roll up my sleeve and see my bruise to when Ansel twisted my wrist a little and I move my hand around to feel no pain so I just continue on cleaning the table.

" Derek told me we'll be setting out again tomorrow, I don't know if you'll be in the troop but I suggest you fix your face first, cold water usually helps with the swelling but since it's winter, you can use the snow " I said.

" Since when you know so much about medicine? " He asked.

" I don't, these are just standard things I learn back at the village " I said and put the bottles in it's place then pick up the bucket of dirty water then look at him.

He sit there staring with a concerned look.

" It's what happens when you get into a lot of fights " I said then leave the tent.

I head around to the back and toss the water out to the ground and approach a pitch pump, water fill the bucket again and I wash off the rest of the dirt inside and have it full. I notice another bucket near here which is empty and I look behind me by the water troughs for the horses are a little run down. I start filling them both up and find the carrying pole to prepare and carry them.

" You can do that in the morning " I look over my shoulder to see Faris approaching.

" It's better now than later, saves time and speeds up the process, plus the horses could be dehydrated " I said.

I put the handle of the bucket on the hook of the pole then about to have it on my shoulders when Faris grabs it.

" Hey, what are you doing? " I look up at him.

" Thank you for helping me, go to sleep " he gestures his head.

" After this- "

" Go~ " he grabs my arm and pull me away.