[ Chapter 38 : Affections ]

Y/n's pov.

I eat my mooncake and walk down this path with Laurence who's having his cookies.

" I'm sorry we had to use your money, I didn't think we would have to buy anything here " I said.

" It's alright, I'll buy anything you want " he said, I snicker.

" You sound like my brother " I said.

" Which one? " He asked.

" Faris, apparently what I learned was he abuses the family money, remember the shelf of paints in my room? " I asked and he nods.

" He bought that for me on my first day in the house " I said.

" No way " he said, I nodded.

" Yes way " I shove the last piece of my mooncake in my mouth.

" I never worked on a real paint before so it was really amazing to use an expensive paint " I said.

" What do you used to paint with? " He asked.

" Berries and other food which always get ants and other critters eating the canvas " I said, he chuckles then finish his cookie.

" I also got you something " I turn to him and see he reaches in the pocket of his jacket.

" Why? " I asked.

I then see him holding a necklace, it's not that fancy, it's on a silver chain and an f/c stone pendant. He lift it up and show it to me, it's so glittery and with the sun it's shimmering like what a jewelry should do. (Pic above)

" How did you know f/c is my favorite color? " I asked.

" Lucky guess " he shrugs, I snicker.

" Right " I turn around then lift my hair as he put it on me.

" I was going to give it to you at the festival and I forgot, then I was going to give it at your house but I left it at home so this is for you " he said.

" How much did this cost? " I turn around to him as I put down my hair.

" Nothing, I made it " he said then adjust the pendant in the middle of my torso.

" You made it? " I asked and he nods.

" With the help of magic of course, I just bought the chain and the stone that's all " he said.

" Which costs? " I asked, he snicker.

" I have a feeling your not so into expensive items " he smiles, I hum in sass.

" It's also a relic but I don't know if you still would like to try " he said.

" I don't really have anymore hope for that " I said and he hook my chin up to lift my head.

" Then take it as my token of affection " he looks at me and I scoff then push his hand off.

" So you do talk like that " I said, he furrowed his eyebrows.

" Like what? " He asked, I laugh then back up with a curtsy.

" Thank you sir, this is such a shocking surprise, how could I ever possibly repay you?, It is much appreciated " I look up at him and he just laugh.

" You still look ridiculous " he said, I wink before I stand properly.

" But in all seriousness, thank you, it's beautiful " I said.

" Your welcome " he said.

" Laurence " we both then turn around and see Paige approaching, I roll my eyes then fold my arms.