[ Chapter 8 : Invitation ]

Y/n's pov.   

" I bet she hasn't even had a boyfriend " I hear the girl behind me whisper, the other girl chuckles.

" Who the hell wants to date a village girl? "

" She could smell like a pig " they both giggle silently and I roll my eyes as I copy the notes Derek wrote on the blackboard.

" Probably lives like one too " they laugh harder in silence.

" Quiet " Derek said as he reads the book he has in hand while his feet up is on his desk.

It's almost five o'clock meaning class is almost over and I want to eat my chocolate, apparently snacks aren't allowed in classes which is bullshit. It wasn't like that during hunting for a deer, but the most bullshit part is you are not to leave this classroom until you finish copying the notes, another problem, Derek's handwriting is shit.

I raise my hand and clear my throat at the same time to get his attention.

" Yes, Y/n? " He asked.

" What the hell is that word? " I gesture to the board.

He turns his head to the board as well.

" Next to the word 'cause', part C " I said.

" Combustion " he said.

" I read that as connhoskien "

" Excuse me? " He asked.

I look back up at him.

" Oh your handwriting looks like a chicken " I said.

I hear the other students snorted and some holds their smile and Derek just looks at me unimpressed, I just smile and continue on copying the notes since I'm almost finish.

" She's the chicken " I hear the girl behind me said.

I ignore it and complete my notes, as I write down the last word the bell chimed in time and I close my book then put away my quill and ink bottle in my bag that Elvenia has gotten for me and I thanked her.

" Read those notes, there will be a test by the end of the week " Derek said.

Everyone seem to put on an annoyed face expression as they leave the room, I finish up and hang my bag on my shoulder, I wait for the others behind me walk pass first since they were earlier. In the end I was the last one to walk out. I adjust the strap on my shoulder and make my way back to the library.

" Hey Y/n "

I slow down then turn around from the familiar voice, and why am I not surprise to see Rowena approaching.

" Yes, Rowena? " I asked as she approaches.

" How'd you do it? " She asked.

" Do what? " I asked.

She grabs my arm and start pulling me.

" Hey!, Ow–. . .your hurting me! " I said as she keeps dragging me to a corner of an archway.

" What?! " I push her hand off as we stand here.

" I thought you can't do magic " she said.

" I can't " I said.

" Doesn't look like it to me " she said.

" Why?, Insecure I'll be stronger than you? " I asked, she rolls her eyes.

" How'd you touch my phoenix flame? " She asked.

I stand here stunned by her question but I clear my throat.