[ Chapter 53 : Declared War ]

Y/n's pov.

" It's true, king Atticus opened a portal from the dark realm, it released so many dark creatures "

" Isn't he from across three kingdoms? "

I walk down the hallway as the two guys walk pass me and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I hug my books in my arms.

" War has been declared by His Majesty " he said.

" Our school is involved with it so we're going home soon " a girl pass by me.

" Y/n! "

I keep walking as I look ahead where I see the golden ball of dust flying this way passing other people.

" Elven-. . . " I was cut off by her flying pass me and felt a small gust of wind blowing my hair off my shoulder.

I then turn around to see she makes a kicking break with her feet then turn around to me.

" Y/n " she pants.

" Are you okay? " I asked and notice she's sort of sweating in this cold weather and panting.

" Hold on. . .let me rest over here " she approaches me and I lower my book in my arms from my chest.

She sit down on the flat surface and I continue to walk my way to the library.

" Fairies HQ received news. . .we are to send the message of. . . . " she flops backwards with a thud and I raised a brow as she tries to catch her breath.

" Of? " I asked.

" Of your return to home tomorrow " she says quickly with a wheeze and I stop in place.

" Return home?, But it's only been a month and a half of winter " I said.

" You have to, it's an emergency " she sit up as she caught up to her breath.

" The portal to the dark realm were opened by the king of the south, miss Layla and all the teachers from all school around the cities are called to assist " she said.

" Assist?, You mean, Derek is going to be in war too?, With my brothers?, Why? " I asked.

" You don't know? " She asked and fly up to me.

" Don't know what? " I asked.

" All teachers of school magic were once the subjects of the army under the king, that's why sergeant Crowley has a limp, he's a sergeant " she said.

" Your saying they don't have a choice? "

She doesn't say anything and just shake her head.

~ Time Skip ~

" So our parents are going to war " I hold the chain of the swing and Laurence sigh lying down on the blanket on the ground.

" Seems like it " he said.

" There's also something you need to know " he said.

" What? " I look at him as he sit up from the ground.

" The south has always been our enemy for decades, you know how the story goes right? " He asked, I nod.

" Yeah, both of our kingdom has the biggest army out of the six kingdoms, everyone knows that " I said.

" They also open an application to join in the army " he said.

Serve?

" Your not thinking what I'm thinking right? " I asked.

" She's my mother " he gets up as he approach me.

" My father's going to be gone soon anyways and my mother is going to battle, I want to join to make sure she'll make it out alive too " he said.