[ Chapter 99 : Snowy Owl ]

Y/n's pov.  

" You didn't have to trouble yourself and come here, a king and queen banquet can be decline but only for something very urgent "

" This is urgent, your sick and I don't want to get hypothermia again or have Esmé get sick, plus you could die at any moment now " I said as grandma lean back on the couch.

" If you stay here you will get sick and will get Esmé sick "

" Laurence could you interpret that for me? " I asked with a little sarcasm.

" I can't " Laurence said, I smile at grams with sarcasm and she chuckles.

" You don't have anyone to watch over you, I'm just surprise that your even alive at this age " I said and she gasps then laugh.

" Now that's a lie, I have the maids and your uncles to watch over me " she said.

" And me " I said as I pull her blanket over her lap.

" Although, you already know how much risk you took to come here, not only declining the invitation but also showing yourself after everything " she said.

" Why should I care?, It was life or death " I said and see Esmé running up to me happily with her toy in hand.

" And Esmé needs to see her grammy " I said as I attempted to pick her up but couldn't.

Laurence noticed and helped lifting her on the couch.

" I've never thought to live and see my great grandchildren, their as precious as their grandparents when they were little, I can see the resemblance " she said as she reach for Esmé's hand.

I chuckle lightly when Esmé put her toy on her great grandma's hand.

" This is your great grandma " I said and Esmé fiddle with the blanket.

" Gramma "

I gasp when the little tiny soft voice comes out of her, Laurence and I look at each other and a little offended.

" Oh!, She's learned to talked! " Grandma said and she looks at us.

" What? " She asked.

" Don't tell me that's her first word "

" Unfortunately " Laurence chuckles and sigh.

" No, you were supposed to say mama " I lift her up and she giggles looking at me.

" Say mama " I said.

She just laughs and stick her fingers in her mouth as I stare at her with a deep and stabbing glare, but however is entertaining for her.

" I'll take her before you glare into labour " Laurence takes her from my hand and I exhale to calm down.

Esmé shrieks as her father takes her away and he put her down, she runs off to the corner where there's some toy with Annette.

" Don't worry Y/n, you still have a second chance " grandma gestures to my belly and I lean back on the couch with my arms just resting beside me.

I sigh and feel a sudden pressure up my left side of my body.

" Ow! " My body jerked a little and Laurence turns from Esmé to me.

" Baby?! "

" Kicked me in the fuckin ribs, ow that hurt! " I put my hand under my boob and wince.

" That's the third time today " I said.

" Are you alright? " Grandma asked.

" Yeah, I think I just need to walk around " I said as I reach my hand out to Laurence and he immediately comes up to me.