[ Chapter 97 : Memories ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Slowly "

I hold onto his arms as he help me sit up from the bed.

" I can do it myself " I said as I look up at him.

" Easy for you to say, the stitches could rip " he said.

" I wish magic can heal me too, Derek " I smile up at him in sarcasm and he raises a brow.

" Sorry " I said.

" Take it slow " he said and I nodded.

I take a deep breath and he helps me stand as I hold onto him.

" Careful " he said.

I see Jemma pushes a wheelchair and Derek assist me sitting down, I exhale in relief as I hold my side and feel the outline of the stitches through my dress.

" Thank you Jemma " Derek said and she curtsy before tending to the laundry and he starts pushing my wheelchair out of this guests room.

" How come Laurence left early? " I asked.

" He told me to tell you he's heading out to arrange the renovations of the house " he said.

" And who kidnapped Esmé? " I asked.

" The twins "

" Eli and Elliot?, That's new " I said.

" Why? " He asked.

" Nothing, just surprised " I said, he chuckles and we head down the hallway to the parlor.

Annette opens the door for us and Derek pushes me inside, I chuckle in disbelief to see Lulu just licking Esmé in the face while Eli is reading her a book and Elliot holding Esmé.

" Elliot get Lulu off her face " I said as Derek bring me closer.

" She's fine, she likes it " Elliot said and I pick up Esmé.

" Does she look like she likes it? " I hold my daughter in front of him and Esmé just stick her fingers in her mouth.

" She's not crying " he said as he hold Lulu and I roll my eyes away before holding Esmé close to me.

I take her hand out of her mouth and use a napkin to wipe off her saliva, she just looks around with her lavender blue eyes and I kiss her head, adjusting her dress and cover up the scars that was visible on her torso.

" I hope your hungry, I bought some mooncakes " I turn my head to the other door of this parlor where Faris walks in with a brown wrapped packaged.

" How much was it? " Derek fold his arm across his chest and Faris just smiles.

" Enough for Y/n " he said.

I see Derek holding himself back from strangling Faris while he walk towards me, I chuckle.

" I'm arranging a marriage for you as soon as possible " Derek mutters but it was audible for the twins to laugh quietly and Faris just roll his eyes.

" That's never gonna happen and he just can't admit that I'm more caring than him " Faris takes a seat on the couch squishing Elliot and Eli together.

" Dude! " Eli holds his book close and Elliot got up from the chair to walk away with Lulu.

" I got them in different flavors and most of it are chocolate " Faris whispers and I chuckle when he put the package on my lap.

" Thanks, but you really need to stop it, Derek might disown you for bankruptcy of this family " I whisper back.

" I'm an adult, and I don't care~ " he sings in a melody while taking my daughter off my arms, I just hum in response.