[ Chapter 86 : Powerful People ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Miss Victoria has actually inform me of your. . .gift "

Arissa sips her tea as she sit down next to me.

" She has? " I asked.

" She even volunteered to be a witness " she said then put down her teacup before turning to me.

" Hands "

I bring both of my hands to her and she holds my wrist

" When did you find out? " She asked and just analyze my palms like before.

" I was fourteen " I said.

" How? "

" With a friend " I said, she hums in response.

" Derek has also elaborate the origin of your birth, I believe after the war your mother had fallen ill as well after your birth " she said, I nodded.

" How is she now? " She asked.

" In a coma " I said, she looks up at me with a raised brow.

" She has the sleeping sickness? " She asked, I nodded again.

" Huh " she said.

I wasn't startled when she hit me with a spell and the light blue mist magic just move away from my face and fade. She then looks at her own hands as I sigh.

" I did not ask for this " I said.

" Don't let your guard down " she puts down my hands and get up from the couch we're sitting on.

She goes around this parlor room and approach a painting hung on the wall. My painting of the conservatory garden Laurence and I went to, it's just us in the outfit we wore that day, holding each other.

" This is your work? " She asked.

" Yes " I said.

" Where did you learn how to paint? " She asked.

" It's a hobby, I'm sorry Your Highness but I'm confused, why did you have me bring you here? " I asked.

She turns around to me.

" I would like you to know that we'll be dealing with powerful people out there " she said.

I furrow my eyebrows.

" Your a queen " I said.

" These men are personally selected by my husband " she approaches me.

" They are trained to question you without feeling any remorse, they will state out rude and the unimaginable remarks with their opinions freely " she holds my hands and help me up.

" They can speak their mind as permitted, it will be a cruel scene to hear and watch, you are pregnant, I would like for you to watch out for what you say, one wrong slip and they will find you guilty " she said.

" Why are you telling me this? " I asked.

" It's the way of the world, you will be pressured, they will show no mercy " she said

I put my hand on my belly and she place her hand on my shoulder.

" Considering your pregnancy, stress is a risk to your child, I wish the best for you "

I was about to say my thanks when there was a knock and the door opens and I look over my shoulder to see a knight.

Specifically Faris.

" Apologies for the interruption Your Highness but the court is ready for her " he said.

I look at Faris and he gave me a reassuring smile as I smile back.