[ Chapter 68 : Messy Beginning ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Mom " I rest my head on her hand as she lies there unconscious.

I sigh.

" I need you to wake up " I said.

" Summer's here and I'll be graduating by the end of summer, you have to see me graduate, you already missed my engagement ceremony, you can't miss my graduation and my wedding " I said.

" Please? " I asked and she just lies there.

I sit here and I can see my vision is blurring with the tears overwhelming, I scoff and turn my head away when a tear stream down. It wasn't long until I started to sniffle and more tears just stream down my face, I keep holding onto her hand since I interlock our fingers.

" This is all I ask of you mom, just wake up " I look down at my lap where my left hand is resting and a tear drip down to my skirt of my uniform.

There I see the beautiful diamond ring on my fourth finger.

" It's almost a year since we've found each other " I turn to her.

" Today can't be the last time I see you before I go to school, you can't be gone when I'm at school, you don't even know I'm back "

I get up from the chair then climb on the bed and lie down next to her, I hug her arm and I couldn't control my emotions anymore and cry.

" I'm home, you can wake up now, you don't have to worry anymore " I cry.

" I beg you mom, I'm sorry it took me so long to come home but please wake up, just open your eyes " I look at her with my tears blurring my vision and the pillow under me is already soaked in my tears.

" I love you " I sniffle and just hug her arm tightly.

I close my eyes and try to calm myself down, it was a few minutes until I felt a hand on my arm, I open my eyes as I was pull up and see Derek. I immediately wipe my tears and he push my head towards him, he caress my back as I take deep breaths.

" She loves you too and it wasn't your fault, she was sick for a long time, you can't blame anyone " he said.

" She can't leave without saying goodbye " I said and we pull apart.

" Your not even going to blame Paige for this?, It's her fault I was gone and mom went into this state " I said.

" I've been down that rabbit hole before Y/n, I hated someone before and I hated myself after what I did, even your mother was too in denial to realize how much of a bad guy I am, so don't be that way " he said.

" Are you referring to F/n? " I asked.

" Yes, but he didn't die in my hands, he let me be with your mother, I'm still guilty as ever, don't become me " he said.

" Mom doesn't even know I'm home " I said.

" She knows you love her, there's no one but her own family that she loves more than anyone " he wipes my tears and I swallow a lump in my throat.

" The school carriage is here, you need to go, we have someone to look after her "

" Promise me to tell me right away when she wakes up " I said.

" If she wakes- "

" Promise me! " I said and he was startled by it.

" You've been a shitty dad to me but you make mom happy, so promise me that if she wakes up, you tell me instantly " I said, he sighs then nod.

" I promise " he said.

" That's all I wanted to hear " I said then get off the bed.

I sniffle and wipe my tears away leaving the room, I flattened the wrinkles on my uniform and adjust the ribbon on the collar along with my skirt. Calming myself down as I walk down the hallway, I walk down the steps next and see the door is open, once I was out of the house I see the carriage parked right in front with some escort.