[ Chapter 48 : Cousins ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Y/n "

I look over my shoulder to the quiet voice and my face dropped to see Heidi approaching me, I roll my eyes away and look back to the bookshelf I was tending to. Putting it in when I hear her sigh and from the corner of my eye she stands just beside me.

" About Gia, I really am sorry and I'm glad to see you alive, I didn't know you were here " she said.

I grab more books from the cart next to me and see they should be at the enchantment sections, I put them down and push the cart over there.

" Y/n " I hear her following me.

" I heard what other people say about you too, your a noble and I respect you now, but what happened in the past should be put behind us and I want to make it up to you " she said.

I arrive at the enchantment section and notice there's still a pile of books on the floor to put in the shelf.

" The boys are fine if you wanna know "

I slam the book into the shelf then turn around to her, she looks at me with a pressed lips while I give out no expression.

" Do you know what I want to know? " I asked and she stands there confused.

" I want to know what made you think you have the nerve to even come up to me after everything you've done?, What did you think was going to happen?, I'll accept your apology?, I somehow think it's just the past? " I asked.

" You know how hard it is to even apologize for something like that, so understand my point of view " she said.

" You surely didn't understand what I felt when you slit Gia's throat " I said.

" I gave you the elixir " she said, I scoff then fold my arms across my chest.

" Fine, if you want us to be friends again you should know that it's going to be earned " I said.

" Now your really sounding like a noble bitch " she said.

" So you don't want to be friends? " I asked.

She sighs and just roll her eyes in annoyance.

" What do I have to do? " She asked.

" Nothing, I want you to leave me alone, I have work to do " I said then turn back around to the bookshelf.

" You work here? " She asked.

" What does it look like to you? " I asked and put more books in the shelf.

" A cry for help " she said, I scoff.

" It is. . .for you to go, don't you have class to go? " I asked.

" Don't you? " She asked.

" Lucky me I have alchemy only " I said.

" Alchemy, of course " she said.

" Is Syrene here too? " I asked.

" What?, No, I came alone " she said.

" That's what she said " I insert the last book in the shelf.

" What? "

" Nothing " I turn around to her and smile.

" Now go away " I said then grab the cart.

I push it which nudge her side and she yelps as she step aside looking at me with a glare.

" Oops " I said then walk pass her.

~ Time Skip ~

" How come your never cold? " Lumina asked as we sit down in this cafeteria hugging ourselves.