[ Chapter 9 : Curfew ]

Y/n's pov.   

I look down this empty hallway and I take it everyone has gone to sleep, I peek at this door to see Derek inside by his desk working on some paper and I skip forward pass him.

" Y/n, this is so dangerous, it's pass curfew, someone always check our rooms, we'll get caught if we don't come back " Elvenia whispers as she sit on my shoulder.

I turn a corner and see the back of miss Layla down the hallway, I step forward when she suddenly turns around and I gasp backing up.

" Who's there? " I cover my mouth and seconds later her footsteps fade away.

" If you say we're gonna get caught, then we're surely get caught " I look at Elvenia, she looks at me with a worried expression.

" If you don't want to help me, you can go to your room " I brush her off my shoulder, she shriek silently and she catches her fall by flapping her wings.

I walk out of the corner and head down this hallway, it's when Elvenia flies back next to me.

" You certainly change your mind quick " I said.

" I'm your fairy now, I can't just leave you, plus I'll get in trouble too for not being able to hold you back " she said, I turn my head to her.

" It's okay, I will surely take the blame " I said.

We head down to the first floor and to the ground floor.

" Why are we going out again? " She asked as we made it to the three archway hall to the entrance.

" I have something I've been wanting to do " I said and approach the door.

" Then what's with the axe? " She gesture to the strap I'm wearing that's holding my battle axe on my back.

" Just for safety measures "

" The doors are spelled shut at night, no one is allowed to go out " she said, I gesture my head to the door and she sighs.

She holds the door handle and push it down, I gasp when she was shocked back onto my chest with a yelp, she lands on my palms and I look at her with my wince expression while she shakes her head from the electrocution she just had.

" I told you " she said.

" Are you okay? " I asked and she stands up.

" My wings are fried "

I look at her wings where they don't glow much and she flap them but she isn't flying.

" Did you say spell shut? " I asked, she looks at me and nod.

" As I demonstrate " she gesture her hand, I chuckle and put her on my shoulder.

" Mrs. Zvahl's spell is really strong compared to miss Layla, so I think it's a sign for us to go to bed " she said, I snicker.

" Hold onto my hair if you need to " I said and hover my hands over the handle.

I see her covering her eyes but peeked through her departed fingers, I hold it and she flinched, a few seconds pass and nothing happened, I smile and push it down as we hear the click of the door opening, I pull it.

" Voila " I said as we see the outside.

" H-. .how did you do that? " She asked, I smile at her.

" If we don't get caught I'll tell you " I said and step out of the school then shut the door behind me.

I head down the steps and see this road is busy at night, I look around and start walking down the street.

" Okay, you've seen enough let's go " I felt Elvenia tug on my hair.