[ Chapter 35 : Scars ]

Y/n's pov.   

" You should be in bed, rest is the best medicine especially after a night like that " grandma lightly pat my arm.

" I'm alright, mom told me you were worrying a lot after that night, so I decided to be here and show you I'm alive " I smile and continue on massaging her arm while sitting down on this couch she's lying on comfortably.

She has blankets and pillows for her to be more comfortable and tea.

" Your hand is still injured, best not to overwork yourself or you might never recover properly " she said.

" My hand feels better, plus your older than me and who knows if your going to have another birthday for me to make another painting " I said, she looks at me in shock.

" What?, I'm doing you a favor " I said then cough lightly.

" Miss, that is completely rude of you, you should watch your tongue when speaking to an elder, do not talk ill about Madam L/n like that " said the woman standing next to the table with a tray of tea.

Grandma chuckles and just gestures her hand.

" It's alright, she's not wrong either way " she said and I massage her arm more gently.

" I am old, sooner or later I won't be here anymore, although I am glad to see that my granddaughter is alive and well " she said and hold my bandaged hand gently.

" I already lost my son, I can't bear to see my grandchildren to be gone before me, it's already a blessing to have such a caring grandchild " she said.

" I do what I can " I said and put her arm down before taking the other one.

" Where did you learn how to massage so well? " He asked.

" We farm everyday which requires a lot of strength when it comes to harvesting new paddy's in flooded fields, sores and aches all over body is normal for a first time or someone who's not used to it " I said.

" My mom taught me this technique that should help. . .not mom my other mom that lives at the outer region " I said.

" I understand " she said and I smile.

There's knocks on the doors and it opens to see mom entering with a worried face, as soon as she sees me she exhales in relief.

" Oh my God, there you are, Y/n, what are you doing in here? " She approaches in haste.

" I'm keeping her company " I said.

" No your supposed to be in bed " she then put her hand on my forehead.

" I'm not sick " I said.

" But you're still recovering " she lift my head up by holding my face.

" I thought I gave you clear instructions " she looks down at me with a stern expression and I sit here unfazed.

" I'm fine " I said.

" How can you say that? " She asked.

" Oh M/n, the girl knows how to take care of herself " grandma said.

" See, she gets it " I take her hands off my face.

" Don't think I allow you to have fun, I want you to rest " she moves my hair behind my ear.

" But I'm bored " I said.

" It's autumn now and soon it'll be winter, we both know you don't do well in the cold " she said.

" Alright " I said then lie down next to grandma.

" What are you– "

" I'm resting " I smile and have my hands above my stomach.