[ Chapter 71 : Villain In My Story ]

Y/n's pov.  

I sweep the trash into the dustpan then wipe the sweat off my forehead before turning around to see the floor is all clean. I see Heidi is mopping it up next while Paige is arranging the tables and chairs. Rowena is dusting the windows and other things, it's been an hour since we've start cleaning the hall, a few more things to do and we're done. Laurence is doing all the heavy lifting by throwing the big trash bags out, or putting decorations in the store.

I'm surprised that Paige is awfully quiet the entire time, the only time she spoke was with Heidi only.

" Are you alright? " I look over my shoulder to the right and see Rowena approaching me with the duster.

" Yeah, just tired and really want to end the day really quick " I said.

" Well I've done my part, honestly this could be worse " she said.

" I'm done too " I said and pick up the dustpan.

" I'm gonna throw these out first then we can leave " I said, she nods.

" I'll put this back " she gesture to the duster and we walk our separate ways.

I throw the dirt from the dustpan into a trashcan then put it away with the broom in the cupboard.

" Here " I look over my shoulder to see Heidi is done with mopping.

I grab it and put it in the cupboard I'm standing in front of then shut the door.

" I'm sorry for what Nadia said " she said, I sigh and turn to her.

" You didn't talk shit about my life " I said, she snickers.

" We talk shit about each other a lot " she said, I hum in response.

She chuckles.

" I really can't understand you can I? " I asked and she looks at me in confusion with her smile fading.

" What do you mean? " She asked.

" You tried to kill me, I don't regard you as a friend anymore but your being so nice and your apparently dating my mortal enemy " I gesture to Paige who's finishing up arranging the chairs.

She snickers.

" I realized everything " she said.

It was my turn to be confused and I'm puzzled.

" What? " I asked.

" After that night in the forest, we went home and I couldn't sleep at night, I barely ate for almost three months " she said.

" And then I picked myself up, I went here to learn magic and protect the people I love from someone who might be just like me from before, then I heard the rumors of how Paige treated you, I looked for you when your name shot fame through the city "

" But then you fell for her " I said.

" She's different to me, you have to understand that anyone can be a villain in someone else's story, so when I saw you alive, it opened my eyes " she said.

" Why did you do it in the first place? " I asked.

" Because you were a villain in my story " she said.

" Were? " I snicker.

" You were right in the beginning, I didn't come to this school to just study magic " she said, I raised a brow.

She tilted her head to her left and I know what that gesture mean, it's what she always use back at the village.

" She's here " I said.