[ Chapter 91 : Praying ]

Y/n's pov.  

" We could hear her cry from here, how is she? " Rowena asked as we enter this parlor room.

I see her, Lumina and Malia in this room, Rowena is reading the same book with her girlfriend while Malia is embroidering, Amelia left an hour ago because she had to run some errands, Laurence wanted to spent some time with Esmé to make sure she stays asleep and not in pain while I greet the girls.

" She's asleep currently, Laurence is watching over, sorry for the delay " I said.

" Don't apologize, most importantly how are you? " Lumina hugs me and I hug her back.

" I'm holding on " I said.

We pull apart and she sighs.

" You barely got sleep, I can tell " she holds my face and I chuckle a little taking her hands off.

" My mother is involved if that makes you feel any better " Rowena said.

" Well, we're not out of the woods yet, I'm actually here to talk to Malia " I turn my head to her who stood up.

" Please Y/n, I know I held Esmé yesterday but you know I wouldn't do such a thing " she said.

" Don't let that trick you " Lumina folds her arms.

I sigh and approach her.

" I hate to say this but I trust you " I hold her hand and she smiles.

" What?, Seriously? " I look over to Rowena.

" She does embroidery!, She has needles!, That's suspicious! " She said.

" It's a hobby! " Malia said.

" You guys haven't known her for that long, she and I been through some things together " I look at Malia and she smiles.

" The main antagonist will always blend in " Rowena said.

" Umm, babe. . .I think I let you read too many of my fantasy books " Lumina said.

" Am I wrong? " Rowena asked.

" Shush " Lumina stuffs a mooncake in her mouth, I snicker.

" Speaking of which " I look over to Malia who's picked up a handkerchief.

" I managed to finished it this morning, I hoped it would help ease your mind " she said.

I take it from her hand and see she's embroidered me and Laurence with Esmé, I exhale in disbelief.

" Thank you " I said.

" I was wondering, do you still kept the Nana handkerchief I made you? " She asked, I nodded.

" Of course, I use it to wipe Esmé saliva nowadays " I said, she chuckles.

" Anyways, I appreciate for you guys to come here but if I'm being honest, it's not exactly helping to have guests over and I'm sorry " I said.

" It's okay, we're to help if anything comes up, I mean a ritual that's going to kill your baby?. . .auntie Rowena is here " she sasses.

" And auntie Lumina " she raises her hand.

I smile.

" I suppose I will leave? " I turn to Malia.

" No, you can stay, having three people who uses magic is sort of helpful " I said and she smiles.

" I'd be honored " she said.

I was about to say something when my eye caught glimpse of something black on her wrist.