[ Chapter 52 : My Children ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Your not sick, seems like it's just an allergy " Mr. Faera said.

" Allergy to what? " I asked as he takes out a stick with a cotton in the end.

" One way to find out " he said.

" What's that for? " Laurence asked.

" A swab " he said then sit down on the stool next to this bed I'm sitting on.

He leans my head back.

" This will be uncomfortable so try not to move so much " he said, I nodded.

I stay like this until he shoves the thing up my nostril, at first it was fine until he pushes further.

" Augh! " I groan and close my eyes tightly.

He moves it around and pulls it out after a few seconds, I cough to how bad it hurts and I see Laurence was uncomfortable as well.

" I apologize " Mr. Faera said then walk over to the medicinal brewing stand.

He mix my snot on the cotton in the bottle of something and start stirring.

" What's that going to do? " I asked as I sniffle.

" It'll specify what your allergic to " he said.

" Like what? " I asked and see the clear liquid turned purple.

He walks over to his book and the book flip through paged quickly on its own with his magic and it stopped.

" Fragrance " he said.

" What? " Laurence asked.

" Your allergic to perfumes " he turns to me after putting down the bottle.

" I've smelt more than one perfumes how come it's acting up now? " I asked.

" Some allergies are dormant, and since you grew up from the outer lands, coming here and experiencing winter might have triggered it " he said then approach me.

" Now what? " I asked.

" Give me your hand " he said and I did.

He pushes my sleeve and turn my hand around.

" What are you looking for? " Laurence asked.

" Usually it comes contact with the skin and not smelling it, I'm looking for a rash " he said then put my hands down.

He moves my hair when he turn my head and pull down my scarf.

" Seems like I found it " he said.

I see Laurence's eyes widened and I just remembered where he's looking, I push Mr. Faera's hand off then adjust my scarf. He takes a whiff of the air then turn to Laurence and grab him which startled him.

" Umm. . . " He awkwardly stands there as Mr. Faera sniff his sleeve.

" Rose perfume, your allergic to rose perfumes " he said then let go of Laurence.

He walks away to his stationary as Laurence and I look at each other with red cheeks, he clears his throat as he turns away and I adjust my scarf more properly.

" Here, this should help with it " I look up at Mr. Faera who approaches me with a bottle with a light purple liquid inside.

" Drink a sip before going to sleep " he said and I nodded.

" Thank you " I said as I stand up from the bed and he stands there staring at the both of us.

It was an awkward silent.