[ Chapter 36 : Game of Assassin ]

Y/n's pov.  

I grip the handle of my dagger and adjust my mask on my face to make sure it doesn't fall off, also tightening the knot behind my head, silently standing behind this folding screen, looking through the holes of the designs. I see Talia sitting on her vanity table applying make up while Mia does her hair.

" How's that drat girl been behaving? " Talia asked.

" Ever since the fire incident she's been only in her room most of the time, Eli and Elliot seem to keep her company along with Celeste " she said, she scoffs.

" And her injuries? " She asked.

" All healed within days and a big scar was left on it " Mia said.

She scoffs again and put down her brush on the table angrily.

" So it is true, she's immune to magic " she said.

" Yes, we cast the sleeping spell but she didn't fall asleep " Mia said and Talia scoff.

" I thought to have her suffer for weeks from fire, didn't think she'd made it out alive " she said.

Mia finishes doing her hair.

" Have you finished covering up the evidence? " Talia asked.

" Your men is dealing with it, no one can lead it to us, all witnesses are silenced " Mia said, Talia nods.

" Very good, go ahead and double check it, and help me get ready after that for my appointment with dear old sister, she's supposed to be here in a few hours " she said, Mia curtsy then leave the room.

Her sister?, Does that mean Rowena's coming over too?, Whatever it is, I have to focus on my priority here.

I step out of the folding screen and quietly approach her from behind, she seems to be done because her eyes averted to the mirror to me. She gasps and get up to turn around.

" Who are you? " She asked.

I keep walking forward and hold my dagger firmly.

" Get away from me! " She has a light string surrounding her hand and the chair just fly across the room to me.

I simply step away as it miss me and hit the floor, the chair breaks apart. I have to be careful with that, the last time some threw an energy ball at me it disappears just a few meters away from me. The next time this happens she'll know it's me, I have to think through before my next move. I look up at her and she throws an energy ball as my eyes widened and I roll on the floor.

" Someone!, Anyone!, Help me! " I hear her scream.

Once I stand on my feet the energy ball seemed to crash the table and it blasted to pieces. I run at her as she screams and keep throwing energy balls, I dodge them all them took the opportunity to leap, as soon as I strike down she moves out of the way and my dagger went through the mirror. The glass goes everywhere and I pull it out to look over my shoulder where she is preparing to fight back.

I run toward her again but before she does another spell I slow down to when the door bursts opens and I see Anthony and Faris with their sword and a few men behind them.

When did they came home?!

" Arrest him! " Anthony points with his blade.

His men charges at me, I didn't waste time and take out the vial of potion from my pocket. I throw it to the ground as it shattered and a plume of smoke exploded up dispersing around the room, they all back up coughing, I use the opportunity to run pass them and out the door.

" Where'd he go?! " Anthony asked.

~ Time Skip ~

" Miss " I look to my right where Jemma has placed a cup of tea on the railing of this gazebo and I shake my head.