[ Chapter 39 : A Farewell ]

Y/n's pov.   

" You barely even talk to him after he returned " Eli said.

I look over my shoulder where he is lying on my bed reading his book, Elliot is on the floor playing with Lulu and teaching her tricks.

" I'm busy " I said as I gesture to my canvas.

" Too busy " Elliot said.

I turn around and see my big canvas which is another project I've been working on, I've painted the ocean from underwater with the size of the canvas, two characters under one girl and one guy. Obviously representing me and Laurence, I'm swimming down and Laurence swimming up, us both reaching each other's hands. Making sure I detailed every single thing and Elliot's not wrong, I am very busy with this that I barely talk with uncle Javier since he's arrived or anyone. Was cooped in here all day, Eli and Elliot always come in to hang out but their busy with their own thing I guess.

Other than that back to my painting, like I said Laurence and I underwater reaching for each other and right now I'm working on my dress I'm wearing. It's a vibrant F/c with a ray of sunlight shining down the water making my dress glitter and shine at a specific spot to where the sun is shining. It goes the same with Laurence's outfit, it's the outfit he wore the other day we dance together. Our jewelry we're wearing had a glow to it, our hair are free, as in their floating to the current of the water, my hair is long so I have to use my thinnest brush to get the small details.

I also add some bubbles to make it look like I jumped in, some more details of other sea creatures such as jellyfishes, small fishes, shrimps, a coral reef and etc. I'm finishing it today since small details are usually the finishing touch and my signature, I'm using both my hands to speed things up and try not to rush it as well. Anyways, while I was in my room I do give myself a lot of thought of what happened in that garden, I can't forget about what Paige said, she really think she can boss me around?, Whatever she's planning I'm not afraid of her, she's spoiled too much to even order people around.

But I shouldn't think of a payback since it was just a slap, it's harmless and I don't want to worry mom a lot. Though we have autumn here and winter on the way which I sort of despise winter but it's also school term, I can't really do anything about and spring is next then summer. Probably the last summer I'll spend in the school even though I just entered this year but Mrs. Zvahl put me in the same level as Rowena and the others so we'll be graduating together, and I'm not complaining.

I start hum the sing in melody then notice I need a jar of black paint for some outlines and my signature but I realized I've already put it back on the shelf. I put down my brush and waltz my way to my shelf and twirl for fun as I giggle feeling his phantom hands on my body.

" Yeah, yeah, yeah~ " I sing and grab the jar on the bottom left.

" La la la~ " I then hum and walk back to my canvas.

I open the jar and place it down on the table before I pick up my brush.

" You've been humming that song for hours " I look over my shoulder to Elliot who's holding Lulu in his arms sleeping.

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" There's no other melody than that, you've like hum for the last two days now " Eli said.

" I love it " I said.

" Mother was right, something happen on the day you went out " Eli shut his book and squinted his eyes.

" Nothing happened " I said then turn back to my canvas.

" Definitely something happened " Elliot said and I hear Eli hum in a sassy way.