[ Chapter 73 : School Protocols ]

Y/n's pov.   

" I saw Mr. Faera making medicines, it means he's alive, he'll make it " Laurence pour the water onto my bloody hands and I sniffle.

He pass me a clean cloth and help me wipe the blood off.

" I can't lose another parent, Laurence " I look up at him and he looks down and with a reassuring caress on my shoulder.

" You haven't lost them yet " he said then dry my hands next and set the cloth aside.

He pulls my head close to his chest and his hand caress my head, I hold his hand as well to feel more of his comfort when the door to the greenhouse opens and see Mrs. Zvahl walking out with sergeant Crowley, we pull apart and I walk up to them.

" How is he? " I asked.

" Stable and awake but he lost a lot of blood " Mrs. Zvahl said.

" We already asked him questions, he doesn't know who it was because they were masked and got him from behind, but what he knows there were two people " sergeant Crowley said.

" Is he alright? " I asked, she nods.

" I told you " Laurence said.

" Come here " she pulls me in another hug and I hold my my tears to not cry again.

We pull apart shortly and wipe the tear that escape my eye.

" Now go to your dormitory " Mrs. Zvahl asked.

" Aren't you going to find out who did this? " I asked.

" We are " I turn to sergeant Crowley.

" There's an outsider in our school and we can't send anyone home, it's a potential threat to everyone, all exits and windows will be locked until we find out who the perpetrator is " he said.

" Can I see him before I go? " I asked.

" Of course " Mrs. Zvahl steps aside and I walk pass them.

I enter the greenhouse and look over to the right corner where I see Mr. Faera is currently suturing Derek's head as he lie down on the bed. I approach them and see him lying there weak and bandages around his abdomen.

" Is he going to be stupid? " I asked, Mr. Faera chuckles.

" His head is alright, whoever did it got him pretty good but his knowledge is still there " he said.

" Good to know " I said and look at Derek who's smiling with his eyes closed.

" Didn't know you care " he said.

" Of course I do " I hit his arm.

" Ow " he casually says then open his eyes to me.

" I thought you died without saying goodbye " I said.

" Were you crying? " He asked, I turn away and wipe my eyes as I sniffle.

" No " I said.

" Of course you did, I saw you before I passed out " he said.

" It was just your imagination, Mr. Faera he's getting delusional, you should check his head again " I said.

Mr. Faera chuckles and I see him finishing up the sutures.

" It's not that hard to say you love him " he said.

" I'll puke " I said.

Mr. Faera cuts up the thread and help Derek sit up, he was struggling so I hold his arm to help as well and he holds my hand.