[ Chapter 90 : We Protect You ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Girls like you love fun and, yeah, me too, what I want when I come through, I need a girl like you, yeah yeah~ " Laurence sings softly and hum the rest.

Esmé lie down on the bed with Laurence lying beside her, she has his big finger in her grip with her tiny hand. Laurence smiles and just play with her quietly. It's been more than three hours since this started and I have to be honest and I don't want to jinx it but it's been calm, Amelia hasn't come back and Yeshua did come in here for a short second to check on us. We filled him in about Esmé and other than that, he's told us that the king and queen ordered a search party to everyone in the city for anyone who's done black magic.

I can't stand seeing Esmé hurt so I'm by the desk just drawing on my book to get my mind off it, I can't even sleep. She's in so much pain and she doesn't even know it, I swear I'll make this person scream the way they made our baby girl cry in pain.

" You should get some sleep " I look up from my page to Laurence lying beside Esmé.

" I know you won't be able to sleep tonight, might as well get some sleep while you can " he said, I put down my glass pen in the jar then look down at my page which is blank.

" Why is this happening to us? " I asked.

" People are just sick and nasty " I look up at him with a raised brow and a small smile.

" Nasty? " I asked, he hums with a sass.

" That's a new word for you to use " I said, he chuckles then gesture his head for me to join him.

I shut my book and got up from the chair before making my way around the table and to the bed, as I get on I lie on my side beside Esmé and she just observe around with her eyes and her hands still around Laurence's finger. I lie my head on my knuckles and look down at her, she has chubby cheeks and plump lips and her arm is very well bandaged by the doctor earlier. I place my hand on her tummy and gently pat her as she kick her legs around.

" I said get some sleep " he said.

" I can't sleep when Esmé could be in danger, you should get some sleep then, your the one who's insomniac " I said, he snicker.

" Your health is more important than mine, I know you exhaust yourself taking care of her and you worked harder than me most of the time so. . .please " he said.

" But Esmé- "

" I'll watch over Esmé while you sleep, she's not going anywhere and if I leave the room I'll leave her with you, we have two more knights outside our doors, if that doesn't assure you then I'll have Annette in the room to watch you "

I lie here and smile at him.

" Sounds like you've rehearsed that line so many times " I said.

" I will protect you and our Esmé " he said.

" I really am a lucky woman to have you aren't I? " I asked and he chuckles.

" I care about us " he said, I chuckle and look down at Esmé.

" Do me a favor and make sure daddy's watching over mommy like he said so we can protect you " I whisper.

" You don't need to, I already am " Laurence whispers to her and we both ended up laughing quietly and I was about to lie down when we hear a knock at the door.

" Sorry to disturb master " We hear Archer outside.

" But we have a visitor for miss Y/n " he said, I furrow my eyebrows.

" Who is it? " I asked.

" It's miss Vaitla and miss Saunders " he said.

" Why are they here? " Laurence asked.