[ Chapter 93 : Corrupted ]

Y/n's pov.  

" We've heard the news already " uncle Javier said.

" Then you must know why I came here? " I asked, he nods.

" Y/n " I look over to grams.

" I've been thinking that Malia has always been gentle and kind "

" She couldn't possibly commit treason, there must have been a misunderstanding of some sort, however the king's mind can not be predicted " she said.

" Who knows how he might punish Malia, but since she carries the family name, we hoped you can put in some good words for her to spare from death " uncle Jack said.

" Exactly, someone who practices black magic can be cleansed, there are success of such ceremonies in the past " grams said.

I take a deep breath then exhale as I adjust Esmé in my arms.

" I apologize, uncle Jack, uncle Javier, grams, I will have to let you down, I can't help Malia "

" However I saw her with my own eyes attempting to kill Esmé and almost killed my father in law as well, but if it weren't for her crafty mind, all of the crimes she's committed, would have had killed her many times over " I said.

Grams gasp as uncle Jack furrow his eyebrows.

" What do you mean by that? " Aunt June asked.

" She's behind aunt Talia's death " I said.

Paige got up from the couch and took one step forward.

" What? " She asked.

" She caused Talia to take the poison and kill her in cold blood " I said.

" You mean–. . . "

" Yes " I look at Paige and she turns away covering her mouth.

" Y/n! " I hear aunt Hyria's voice from behind as she enters this parlor.

" Don't you make such slanderous accusations! " I turn my head and see her approach me with complete anger.

" You must have made her do it, you tricked her! " She hits my arm.

" Hyria! " Aunt June rushes.

I gasp as I turn away to protect Esmé and Laurence hugs me from behind.

" I'll beat you to death!, You frame my daughter!, You jinx!, Your a curse to this family!, Come at me if you dare! " I can hear Laurence taking the hit behind me as Esmé start to cry from the shouting.

" Shhh " I coo her.

" She wouldn't be like this if it weren't for you! "

" Stop it! "

" Enough! "

I see uncle Javier has pulled Hyria away with a few maids and aunt June turns to us.

" Laurence, are you okay? " She asked, Laurence nods.

" We're fine " he said.

Esmé calms down quick and I pat my hand on her back to reassure her.

" It's okay, baby " I whisper in her ear.

" Y/n, is what you said true? " Grams asked, I turn to her.

" I have never utter one lie of it, she's done damaged to our family and I'm not afraid to confront her of it " I said.

" Mother!, You mustn't believe such nonsense! " Hyria retorts as she points to me and aunt June pushes her hand away.

" Ever since she came to our family nothing good has happened! " She exclaims as she steps forward then turn to me.