[ Chapter 95 : No Turning Back ]

Y/n's pov.   

I hear my baby crying down the hallway as we run with all our energy. I didn't wait to ram myself against the door as it burst open, my eyes widened to see Esmé lying on the floor with a blanket under her while crying. I see Malia had already poured a pentagram of salt, just beside Esmé is where I see a chalice and a curved dagger.

" Malia " Laurence pants.

Malia stood up and turn to us with her eyes green emerald eyes are normal and smirk, I notice there's some burn marks on her skins and clothes, there's a few on her neck, wrist and slightly near the edge of her right eye, although they look like there's some embers in the cracks.

The phoenix flame.

" You bitch " I said.

I hear Heidi panting behind me.

" Step away from our daughter " Laurence gritted his teeth as he created light blue aura around his fist, his heirloom ring glowing as his eyes glared at Malia.

I grip my axe tightly.

" I won't ask you again " he said and Malia chuckle.

" You have one hour left before- "

I hear a scream and soon enough a magic force just blast towards her then just fly across the room out our balcony, we stood here dumbfounded and Heidi runs towards the balcony and jump off after Malia.

" What was she gonna say? " Laurence asked.

" I don't know, she didn't finish " I said then rush myself over to Esmé as I put my axe on the floor to pick her up gently.

She's stripped off her dress and only in her nappy.

" Shhh " I see the pattern on her torso and arms are completed like the drawing's Amelia showed.

" Is she okay? " Laurence approach as I stand up and I nodded.

I turn around to him Esmé calms down gradually and I make sure to wrap the blanket around her so she's warm.

" Heidi can't fight Malia alone, I have to help her " I said and look up at Laurence.

" And I'm helping " he said, I nod then turn to Jemma who's by the door and looking at the mess.

" Well the staff is gonna be pissed once they've come here " she said, I chuckle.

She approaches us as Laurence and I hold Esmé who has calmed down, I kiss her forehead and Laurence did his turn before we face Jemma.

" I promise, I'll take care of her " she said and I gently pass Esmé in her arms.

" Make sure she knows we did this for her " I said and she nodded.

" Take her to the cellar and lock the door " Laurence said.

" There should be enough food down there for you, whatever you do don't open the door until the knights arrive, I'm pretty sure they're on the way here already " I said then turn around to my axe where I put on the floor.

I pick it up and look over my shoulder to Laurence who clenched his hands into a fist once more and Jemma leaves our room, Laurence turns around to me and we hear Heidi and Malia screaming outside.

" Let's go " I said then run towards the balcony and jump off.

Laurence pov.

I watch as she jumps off without hesitation and I run towards there, looking down where she made a perfect landing with a roll over on the ground and in the distance is where Heidi and Malia is fighting with their magic.