[ Chapter 54 : Camp ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Mom, please stop crying " I said and and she stands in front of me weeping also trying to silence herself.

She clips my hair to the side and more tears stream down her face.

" I don't understand why you would sign up for this, risking your life for someone else " she said and I hold her hand to stop shaking.

" It's okay mom "

She shakes her head.

" It's not, this is probably going to be the last time I'll see you. . .again " she weeps.

" You don't know that, and you would do the same for Derek if you weren't this sick " I said and hug her.

She hugs me back tight.

" I'll remember to send you letters, please, Declan, Yeshua, Faris and all of my brothers will be there " I said and we pull apart.

" For all I know you all would be gone in a heartbeat " she said.

" Don't think negative thoughts, you'll make yourself sick if you do, you have Celeste and Melissa with you, so if you need help ask them " I said.

" And take your medicine "

She wipes her own tears.

" Promise me you will return " she said.

" That's a hard promise to make– "

" Promise your mother you will return! " She shakes me aggressively.

" Okay!, Okay!, I promise! " I push her hands off to stop shaking me.

I hold my head before it falls off my shoulder and then look at her who calmed down.

" We're ready " I see Derek walks out of the house all armored up.

I see the big claymore blade on his back.

" Whoa " I walk around his back and touch the blade.

" You fight with this?! " He looks at me over his shoulder.

" Yes " he said.

" Huh, not bad for an old man " I said.

" You think too highly of yourself " he said then turn me around.

" Now go with your brothers, we're setting off " he said then turn back to mom.

They hold hands.

" The war may last for months and I hope we'll be back before summer, so take good care of yourself while we're gone " he kiss her and she kisses back.

" Ew " I look beside me where Elliot is.

" It's adorable " Eli approaches.

They pull apart and she sniffles adjusting the armor on his chest.

" Take care of them " she said.

" I'm gonna go before I puke " Elliot walks off.

" It's romantic! " Eli catches up.

Both of them are in armors and so am I, though mine is a little different, I have a skirt armor down to my knees and it is a little heavy but I can work with it. I walk down the steps and approach my horse, I grab the rein and he turns to me.

" Hey Spirit, long time no see " I said and stroke his head.

He nickers and I chuckle, I put my foot on the stirrup and boost myself up on him before I bend down and pat Spirit.

" Good boy " I said and sit straight.

" Not bad " I look to my left where Yeshua approaches with Faris on their horses.