[ Chapter 21 : Her Games ]

Y/n's pov.  

I lean back a little then snorted as Mia rubs her lower back while kneeling on the floor and I stand next to her. Lady Talia stands there looking at me with a light glare then look at her maid, while grandma is on her wheelchair just to the right with mom.

" What exactly is this about?, I didn't even get to have a sip of tea " I watch as uncle Jack walks pass us and stand in front of his desk.

" Jack, mother, I truly wish to mentor Y/n, but take a look at her!, She hit Mia so badly she can't even stand properly! " She gestures to Mia in a dramatic voice.

" It's obvious that she shows no regard for me or the family's etiquette " she said.

" Y/n, explain yourself, do you wish me to punish you according to the family rules? " Jack asked.

" Before you do that!, I'm not in the wrong here " I said then look down at Mia who's looking at me with a mortified look.

" Mia, answer me " I said and she lift her head.

" Did you tell me that Lady Talia had ordered you to teach me etiquette? " I asked, she looks at me in confusion.

" When we were in the garden earlier, you represented my aunt Talia, right? " I asked, her eyes widened to realization and I look back at uncle and Talia.

" Aunt Talia, was Mia right to say so? " I asked.

She seems tense and she looked at her husband who's questioning it also.

" Uncle Jack, you should know that I was raised in the outer lands, I knew nothing of the rules and etiquette " I said sadly.

" It couldn't possibly be easy for me to learn them from scratch " I said.

" Exactly " I turn my head to grandma.

" As long as she is willing to learn, she could still do well " she said.

I see mom looked at me with squinted eyes and I wink before putting my face back to what it was.

" Grandma, I did work very hard to learn them, I really did! " I pout.

" However, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't possibly learn them well in just a few hours " I said.

" Whenever I made any mistake, Mia. . . " I look at Mia and she lower her head knowing what's coming.

" Mia would hit me right away! " I exclaim as I turn back to grandma.

" She's quick and also vicious, isn't that very mean? " I tilt my head to the side.

I lift my sleeve and see the red mark where she hit me earlier.

" Look " I extend my hand and mom gasp.

" Goodness, come here quick, let me have a look at that " grandma said.

I walk up to her and lift my sleeve higher to show more whip marks which was already forming.

" It still hurts " I said.

Mom then grab my other hand where I didn't know the hot tea that burned me has left a small blister. I can see the fury in her eyes and she holds my hand gently as she look at the wound.

" A strict mentor produces great students " we all look at aunt Talia.

" This is for your own good " she said and look away, I notice the panic in her eyes and how tense her hands are while holding them.

" A truly good mentor wouldn't just lash out with physical punishment " mom said as she still holds my hand.

" Moreover, I have only just arrived today " I said.