[ Chapter 63 : Waterfall ]

Y/n's pov.   

" What is it now Paige? " I asked and she approaches us with tears down her face.

" Someone's having a midlife crisis " I said.

" Are you okay?, Did something happened? " Laurence asked.

" You ruined my life " she glares at me with her bloodshot eyes.

Suddenly flames just erupt from her hands and she creates a fireball.

" Whoa, Paige stop it " I said and stand in front of Laurence.

" Y/n " he grabs my hand I hold onto him as well.

" I loved you, Laurence " she steps forward and we both back up.

Another flame forms around her other fist.

" All of those memory of us are wiped out because of this bitch! " She cries.

" This has nothing to do with him!, Your going nuts!, Just stop this because it won't bring you anywhere! " I said.

" Shut up! " She throws the fireball and I flinched but it disappeared just two feet away from us.

" You go get out of here, I can fend her off " I said.

" Now your the one who's nuts " Laurence said.

" Her magic won't work on me, you have to find Rowena, she's the only one who can stop her " I said.

" Your not going anywhere! " She shouts.

I turn around where Laurence was about to run only to have a line of flames blocking our way and not long enough it's just a ring of fire around us three except the river.

" Paige your going to get us all killed! " I shout and she chuckles with more tears down her face.

" Who cares?, If we both can't have him, then no one can! " She screams and the tree next to use just burst up in flames.

I scream and back up with Laurence and I hold onto him to make sure he's close enough so the magic won't affect him as well.

" Laurence Zvahl, for the last few months I was suffering under her hands and I've done so much for you but she's the one who springs to your mind first? " She asked.

" You lied to me, I was your only admirer, no one would admirer you like I would and you just ignore me! " She shouts.

" We were children!, It was just a childish act " Laurence said.

" Why her!?, If she hadn't met you we would've been fine!, And of course you would be gifted with immunity, it's a lie and your using black magic! "

" I don't use black magic!, I never wanted to be born this way! " I said.

" Look, I'm sorry if that ever impacted you so much in your life but please forget about it, there are other people for you to fall for, it's better to find someone more suitable and find your own happiness, please, don't hurt us " Laurence said, she cry as she stands there and the fire around her hand dies out.

The fire around us calms down a little and not that high for us to cross, soon enough I see soldiers running over this way and I see Derek.

" What is going on?!, Stop this! " Derek shouts.

" My only happiness is being with you and now, the only thing I regret so much in my life is falling in love with you, I hate you! "

She then swings her hand as the flame just burst up and throw Laurence across the air.

" Laurence! " I scream and see he falls into the water.

I gasp and see his body is being dragged away by the strong current run over to the river when a fire blocks my way, I turn to Paige who's smirking.