[ Chapter 94 : Sisterhood ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Why?, This isn't her fight " I said.

" She's avenging her mother, I tried to turn her away from it but she's as stubborn as the both of us " Heidi said.

" Revenge is her favorite word, but Malia is strong, Rowena was already struggling with her phoenix flame, how do you expect Paige to win this fight? " I asked.

" She's trying the phoenix spell "

" Phoenix spell?, I'm sure you know that is a profoundly stupid idea, she could die " Laurence said.

" I'm in the ditch here " I said.

" It's a spell where after you were killed, the spell will bring her back to life and that is only if she does and survives the phoenix flame " Heidi said.

" She had the phoenix flame with her doesn't mean the spell will work " Laurence said.

" It will work, but you need to stay here and protect your daughter " she said.

" What if Paige fails?, Malia will go after Esmé and it will be for nothing if Paige dies " I said.

" That's why I'm here " she said

" What?, We don't have time for this " Laurence said then grab his sword on his desk.

" Wait " I said and Laurence turns to me in confusion but I look back at Heidi who has a serious resting face.

Noticing she's wearing the phoenix amulet Paige gave her around her neck.

" Your not thinking what I'm thinkin are you? " I said.

And with no hesitation,

" I am " she said.

" No " I walk up to her and she stood in place.

" Heidi, this isn't your fight either " I said.

" It's our fight now " she said.

I furrow my eyebrows and scoff.

" Why are you doing this? " I asked as I clench my hands beside me.

" I know you will never forgive me for what I did to Gia, nothing like this would ever had happened if we just leave you alone that night in the forest " she said.

" No, we're passed that- "

" Please just let me do this " she interrupts me and I clench my jaw.

" I can never forgive myself either " she said.

" We appreciate the support " I see Laurence walk up beside me.

" But this is in between Malia and us " Laurence said.

" Your not changing my mind, I know what I'm doing and I hope the best for your daughter " Heidi said.

" I don't understand why? " Laurence asked.

" Sisterhood " I said.

Laurence looks at me over his shoulder in confusion.

" You won't understand it so don't even try to figure it out " Heidi said.

" I genuinely wasn't even going to try " he looks back at Heidi.

There was silence.

" And for the record, the level of awkwardness we're all currently experiencing is entirely genuine " We turn our heads to Jemma who just stood by the crib with a smile.

Soon enough Esmé burst out crying and Jemma turns around picking her up from the crib while I approach, she pass me my baby girl and Esmé keeps crying as I try to comfort her.