Chapter 26-30

Chapter 26

On the throne, the young emperor's face was cold and his eyes were dark. Below the steps, the administrator bowed and gave advice, neither humble nor overbearing.

Sponsored Content

After a long time, Xu Sili's lips twitched. He looked at Wen Jishan, who was respectful on the surface but was somehow arranging him inwardly and said, "You said the mercenary town isn't an important place... Administrator, do you really think this?"

Wen Jishan frowned. He easily noticed the change in the little emperor. Previously, this person would never dare to talk to him like this.

However, he never took the little emperor to heart. In Wen Jishan's opinion, even the oldest prince and second princess weren't worthy of the throne. In this empire, he only admired Si Sheng.

It was a pity that Si Sheng had a rigid brain.

He didn't know if it was true loyalty to the emperor, a patriotic heart or other difficulties. Obviously with Si Sheng's strength, it would only take a matter of minutes if he wanted to overthrow the emperor.

What's more, Wen Jishan really didn't see any respect in Lord Si Sheng toward the Roland royal family.

Nevertheless, he never rebelled. He even overturned the beast wave many times. It could be said that if there was no Si Sheng, the Roland Empire would've been wiped out in that beast wave three years ago.

Si Sheng was extremely powerful but also a mystery. In many cases, Wen Jishan couldn't understand his thoughts.

Wen Jishan noticed the change in the little emperor and felt a bit of surprise, but not much shock.

This young man was still a bit too immature. In terms of aura and a cold face, who could compare to Si Sheng, the number one powerhouse of the empire? Yet Wen Jishan had worked with him for so long.

Thinking this way, Wen Jishan continued to bow and answered calmly, "Your Majesty, it is indeed like that."

The mercenary town truly wasn't an important place!

"Bullshit! Xu Sili let out coarse words as he watched the other person calmly. It wasn't until this moment that he noticed the favorability label on top of Wen Jishan's head.

[Indifferent]

The favorability was even lower than that of Si Sheng! Xu Sili suspected that if his popular support rate went below 50%, this guy would definitely be the first to jump out and rebel.

He narrowed his eyes. Those who could be used by him were talents. Those who couldn't be used by him weren't much better than trash. At the very least, trash wasn't capable of making trouble!

At this moment, Xu Sili's gaze toward Wen Jishan changed. He was very happy but now he didn't want to see this person.

Sure enough, Li Zhecheng was good. At the very least, he was loyal!

Wen Jishan heard the words and his expression slightly changed. He endured it and finally maintained etiquette. "Why does Your Majesty say so?"

The little emperor was scolding him! Just now, he felt the young man had a kingly temperament but it seemed he had been blind.

Xu Sili stared at him, showing no signs of weakness.

"The mercenary town is on the road that leads from the outside city defenses to the inner city. It is the node that connects the inside and outside. No matter whether you are going to the front lines or coming back from the front lines, you must pass through the mercenary town. How can you say that it isn't an important place?"