Chapter 8

Enjoy ❤
Vote and Comment✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Tuesday, August 8th
1:40 pm

It has been 3 and a half weeks since the youth centre started building and it's now in the end phase. The only thing left is for the front of the building to flash and render and the walls of the whole building to be primed for painting.

Since the embarrassing encounter between Klaus and me.
I have only seen him about twice and we hardly said anything to each other besides hi and wah gwaan. We do communicate via text but it's always about the progress of the youth centre. To say things have been awkward would be an understatement.

Today has been nothing but hot and dry. I am currently melting underneath the white tent and miss the cool Ac that flows through dad's hardware. It's a waste of time being here as I only bring food and water for the team.

A pro of being here tho is that I get to hear what men talk and think about when their women aren't around. I never knew that men were this disgusting and spiteful.

The things that these men have admitted to doing to their spouses from cheating to abuse make me agree with the statement "MEN ARE DOGS".

Another thing I have learned is how they seem to always want validation from each other.

They have opened my eyes and made me aware of how men are.

My thoughts are cut off by the sound of a familiar truck. It's Klaus's Toyota 4by4 truck.
I move my eyes in the direction of the sound of his door opening to see him stepping out of it.

He's in a Black t-shirt that hugs his body and shows a perfect view of the tattoos running up and down his dark skin arms. He also has on black and white stripe shorts and black and white sneakers. His hair is decorated with waves and his eyes are covered by his dark shades.

He walks over to the tent and greets me in a cheery voice which takes me by surprise as he's normally not this cheery.

" Good morning Zambia" he seems so happy.

"Good morning Klaus" my voice and face is nothing short of a surprise.

"So why yuh seem suh surprise", he says as he takes off his shades and sits next to me.

Him being this close to me makes my body heat up in an instance and red runs to my cheeks.
Thank God mi dark skin suh it nuh show.

"Nothing, it's just that you aren't normally this happy" I turn to him looking directly into his eyes to see if he's high.
His eyes look normal to me.

"Really a suh yuh a do mi,yuh mek mi sound cold " he holds his heart faking a heartbreak.

"Well, you are cold or at least probably pretending to be" I state factly. A flash or hurt passes his face so quickly that I'm not sure if it was even hurt and is replaced by a simile.

His smile is so gorgeous as he has dimples on both sides of his face. It seems as if I was staring too long as he says.

"Take a pic it lasts longer" with a smirk on his face.

"To do what put it in the recycle bin on my phone," I say with a smile he seems so confident which isn't a bad thing, but I had to humble him.

"Okay, that one hurt." he chuckles and stands asking if I want to take a walk with him to see the progress of the centre. Accepting we start to walk around.

"Would you like to come to the opening of the youth centre?
I am having it in the second week of August once this is done and I find someone to decorate it." he asks out the blues.

Shocked I turn to face him unable to answer his question.

He raises his brows signalling an answer.

"Umm Y-yes." I could only imagine how that answer sounded to him cause it sounded unsure to me.

It isn't that I am unsure it's just that I find it weird that he wants me there.

"Okay." he looks at me studying me making me uncomfortable.

Clearing my throat I continue the walk around the building as he tells me more about it.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
🔷🔹Klaus🔹🔷

Her answer to my question seemed as if she isn't sure she wants to come. We have been vibing together since I got here the the vibe has been nothing but immaculate.

But I understand, she's a person who's probably used to expensive dinners and expensive openings with champagnes and ball gowns so being invited to a "ghetto opening" would make anyone unsure.

I wouldn't say I am hurt I am used to this it's just that I kinda expected her reaction to be different as she doesn't seem like a stuck-up person or someone who treats people bad based on where they are from.

"Who will be designing it?" she asks

"What?"

"I said who will be designing the centre" she turns her head and looks at the centre with her eyes.

"I'm not sure yet" I answer truthfully I have yet to find a designer.

"Give it to me to design it" I look at her dumbfounded.

"You're a designer?"

"Well, not technically but I can do it I have designed my aunt's home before." she shows me pictures of her aunt's home and it looks great.

"Okay, I'll give it to you."

I hope it comes out great because if it doesn't I want my money back and will tell her in a harsh way.

I'm only doing this because I find her beautiful and I am hoping that this could start something between us.

☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽

Thank you for reading 🫶🏾✨

As always Vote, Comment and Share.💕

Love
shan💕🧚🏾