Chapter 93

Enjoy🤍
Vote and Comment✨

A beg unuh stop malice the star and making comments please😩

💠Jalen's POV💠
Wednesday, August 2nd
11:23 am

I stare at the wall looking at nothing in particular. My eyes burn with the need to sleep and I rub them slightly hoping that they won't give out on me.

I hear my mother's soft hiss as she tidies up the room breaking my concentration. I turn back my attention to the wall. The plain smooth white colour on the wall has become my peace.

"Jay, ease up off the bed let me change the sheets" My mom's voice softly says breaking my thoughts and I comply.

I ease off the bed lowly grunting in pain with each step I take to the couch.

I sit and my eyes move back to the white walls. I start to lose feeling in my lids and my eyes water at this. Knowing that I can no longer stop myself from sleeping.

I fight against the need to sleep knowing that the minute I allow myself to slip away into a deep sleep I will see her.

I pry my eyes open with my hands and tears whelm up in the corner of them. I lean my head against the wall trying to focus on the ceiling.

Maybe something different will interest me and keep me awake.

If I allow myself to concentrate fully the need to sleep will go away and I won't have to see their faces.

I let out a shaky breath as I stare at the ceiling trying to rid my mind of anything that may become a distraction.

I sigh when I no longer feel tired or exhausted.

"Yuh can come back pon the bed baby," My mother says and I hiss lowly. Her words broke my concentration and now sleep is all I can think about.

I lean off the wall and rub my head pulling at the twists. I don't want to sleep. I can't sleep but my eyelids feel heavy as if there are stones attached to them weighing them down.

The space beside me dips and I feel my mother's hand rubbing my back in a circular motion soothingly.

Her hand pauses and she pulls me back into the couch. I move down a little on the couch and rest my head on her shoulder making sure that there isn't much pressure on my face.

She snakes her arm around me engulfing me in her love as she starts singing her favourite hymn. What a friend we have in Jesus

"What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."

Her soft singing voice is all I hear as I drift off to sleep in peace.

🟣🟣🟣

I close the last button on my shirt and pull the sleeves up a bit more. I look at myself finding fault in every minor and barely noticeable thing.

I pull at the neck of my shirt not liking how close it feels to my neck. I open the button and a sigh leaves me. I then move on to my hair knowing that she had always liked it loose and all over the place.