Chapter 40

Enjoy🌷
Vote✨

Continuation

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Saturday, Dec 17
10:34 am

"Suh wah cause all a dis Zam?" Brook asks as she caresses my hair.

I raise from her lap and look at her, her face is filled with sympathy and concern.

I lay back down on her lap and pull my feet up to my chest.

I answer her question, "Brook I don't even know, I just feel like I am not myself sometimes it's unable to explain" I sniff.

"Yuh still going to therapy?" she asks as she pulls back my hair to look at my face.

I sigh I haven't been in 6 months I shake my head and she leans back into the couch sighing deeply.

"Now that's your problem, you have all these issues that you keep suppressing and it's causing you to act out unnecessarily," she says and she oils my hair.

"Your problem is that you are expecting everyone to be like you Zambia, and they are not, not everybody expresses love the same way you do and you have to understand that" she stops and then continues

"Based on what you said he feels deeply for you and seeing as he hasn't experienced love that means that he probably doesn't know if what you guys have is it, what you should have done is sit down with him and talk about it and not run"

But watch miss relationship expert

I nod my head in understanding and she continues to lecture me.

"I understand that aunty never says  she loves you and I think that's what your problem is, you want to hear it and you don't even realise that sometimes saying it doesn't mean anything if you can't feel it, based on how you describe him it seems as if he is showing you but you are so focused on wanting to hear it that you don't even realise"

No man a caah Brook weh nuh believe inna have one man a talk bout relationships suh.

I wipe a tear that slides down my cheek and I sit up. Everything she has said is true and it's just so hard to admit.

Klaus and I haven't spoken since yesterday. My heart feels heavy.

"Just reflect on what I said and call him and apologise while you may not agree with how someone shows love as long as it is positive then you don't get to dictate how they should show it" She finishes and takes up the tub of hair oil and comb and walks to her room.

I reflect a bit and sigh as I grab my phone.

I go to WhatsApp where I search for him on WhatsApp I unblock him and see that he hasn't been on Whatsapp since Thursday when we went out.

I hesitate to send a text as I am unsure how he will respond.

I put aside all my self-doubts and send him a text saying "Good morning, I want to talk."

The grey tick goes from one to two and I sit in his chat for 5 minutes before exiting.

I have to go and see dad as I promised to visit him.