Chapter 63

Enjoy💕
Vote💫

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Friday, March 3rd
1:15 pm

"Has she gone to see him?" Nana asks mom as they converse about me secretly.

"No, I have told her that if she sees him or I hear about her wanting to do that I will for sure disown her this time" Nana laughs and shakes her head.

"That's why she stay the way she is, because you're not stern enough, how you even allow her to be with that man is unbelievable now when word gets out with his upcoming court date how are you planning to fix that?" Mom stops what she's doing and turns to look at Nana.

"That's why I came to you mom, I am not sure how to go about this," she says lowering her head.

"Well, I can't help you, you're going to have to fix this problem by yuhself. She stay just like you, wanting the low-life men that bring nothing but shame and disgrace to the family name" Nana hisses her teeth and I speed walk out to the backyard.

I take a seat to the far left of the yard away from my noisy family. I pull out my phone and login into my Instagram.

It has been weeks since I last spoke to anyone from his life.

His mom had tried to reach out to me a few days after the arrest but my mom made me change my number and completely block out the people from his world.

I haven't seen or spoken to Tish, the only person that I am even allowed to converse with is Brook and mom has even limited her time with me as well.

To say I have been feeling like a prisoner in my own life is an understatement.

She has completely locked me away from the outside world. She has also managed to get Dad to agree to her atrocious rules for me and I feel like I am 12.

Looking at the multiple DMS I have I get overwhelmed and anxious.

I place the phone down before walking upstairs to the room I am staying for the weekend.

I search the pockets of my bag and start to panic when I am on the last set of pockets and I can't find it.

My heart rate increases and I start sweating profusely. Finally, I feel my fingers brush against the cold bottle and I pick it up.

I take 2 out of it despite knowing that taking two means that I won't be able to take anymore today, but I really need the 2.

One isn't enough, I don't want to feel anything and this helps.

I walk back downstairs for my phone. I pick it up and walk out to the beach house that's a bit far away from the main house.

I walk into the house and straight to the bedroom. I lift the sheets and lay under the covers.

I steadily breathe through my nose and close my eyes. I can feel it calming me maybe making me too calm.

I reopen my eyes and scroll through my phone. My mind keeps going back to last week when I received a call from him.

I answered but the line was silent but I know it was him. I just know.

I enter my call log and my eyes linger on his number.

Should I call him?

If I do will mommy find out?

I bite on my fingers pondering the thought. I haven't heard from or seen him in a month.

I press his number and the phone starts ringing.

It rings twice and I wait for it to go voicemail on its last ring.

The line opens and I hear breathing on the other side. I place the phone and speaker and get comfortable with both of us not saying a thing.

We stay like that for an hour. I feel the sleep coming and I try to fight it.

"Yuh good?" My eyes open wide at his voice it is low and a bit hoarse he even sounds a bit tired.

I ease off the bed making sure that the door to the room is locked. I take the phone off speaker and whisper

"Yeah, are you?" My heart is racing so much that I can hear it in my ears.

"Yeah, didn't think you would call," he says my heartbeat quickens when I hear the sound of feet crushing the gravel.

The door to the beach house opens and in walks my aunt.

"Zam, you're mom says to hurry and come for lunch" she shouts.

"Yes, I will I just got up so just give me a few minutes" I shout back.

"Okay," she says and closes the door behind her.

I wait until she is gone before speaking back to Klaus.

"Hello?"

"Yeah" he responds

"I didn't think I would either," I say responding to his previous statement.

"Sounds like yuh deh inna prison" he chuckles.

"Weh yuh seh we twinning" I laugh, he chuckles and a smile rests on my face.

"Mi never get fi seh this but mi sorry, mi know yuh must know but all me doing now" he chuckles and then continues.

"But it just the way it is, It's a life I grew up in, it is like I was made for this Zam and while it nuh right me never really saw myself doing anything apart from it. Suh me sorry fi wasting yuh time and lying to yuh when your time could have been used to find a man that is truly for you." Tears run down my face in abundance.

"Wish you all the best in life, I hope you find happiness and also find the courage one day to fully break away from your parents especially yuh mada and put har inna har place or even out yuh life. And much as how this a cut me deep fi say it me truly hope yuh find the right man Weh ago treat yuh good and proper like the queen you are and give you all the love you deserve.

Maybe in the other life, we get another chance. I love you Zambia Nelson,"and with that, the line goes silent and I break down in tears.

I cry harder than I have in the past month. I cry for the end of the relationship, the man I thought I knew and basically everything that has happened to me.

I lay my head on the pillow and cry my heart out. My headache gets worse and pain strikes through my body. I curl up into the fetal position.

Oh God this life is too much.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜
Thank you for reading.

Please vote✨😫

Comment and share.

See you in the next chapter.

Love
shan🌺