Chapter 70

Enjoy🙃
Vote✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Wednesday, April 19
6:23 pm

I scrape the excess frosting off the cake and put it in another container. I crumb-coat the other layer of the cake and place it in the freezer.

I pack away the dirty dishes and place the majority of the dishes in the dishwasher and the others I do manually.

My phone rings and the name that pops up makes me smile.

"Thought you were going to decline the call" his voice roars through the phone

"Thought you were going to decline the call" his voice roars through the phone. His background sounds a bit noisy.

"Why would I?" I ask with a little chuckle.

"Because you have been a bit distant," he says

"Because I have been busy" I lie.

I have been avoiding him because I feel guilty for even thinking about starting anything with him, while the man that owns my heart sits in prison somewhere.

"Okay," he says unconvinced. His background is much quieter than before.

"Are you still busy?" he asks

"Yeah, I have a couple of orders to complete that I am doing now" I share and step away from the phone to pull out the cupcakes I had in the oven.

"Since I am busy too and won't be in the country for at least a month and I want to see you, can I fly you out?" His question frightens me and causes me to burn my hand against the racks in the oven.

I scream a little and drop the batch of cupcakes on my feet causing me more pain. Tears spring to the pockets of my eyes and I let out a scream.

"Zambia, yuh good" he shouts through the phone as I swing the fridge door and grab the butter.

"Zambia, a wah gwaan?" He asks and I take a big scoop of the butter and rub it against my feet and hands.

My skin tingles and the pain is somewhat bearable. I hold my head down and lean against the countertop my feet are covered in butter and feel a bit slippery.

"Zam, yuh a hear mi?" August's voice shouts through the phone and I nod. Remembering that he can't see me I hold onto the counter for stability and pick up my phone.

He requests a video call and I accept it.

"Jesus, woman yuh mek mi heart fly up inna mi mouth,a wah duh yuh?" He asks concern evident.

"I burnt my hand against one of the racks in the oven, which caused me to drop the whole batch of cupcakes on my foot" I explain, hoping that it will deter him from asking his question again. He nods and looks deep in thought.