Chapter 92

Enjoy😁
Vote and Comment ✨

Continuation

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
4:16 pm

I rock a wailing Jaheem in my arms trying to calm him down. My eyes stare at the stairs wondering when Tish would finally come down those stairs and take him from my arms.

I wipe his eyes and turn with him in the direction of the kitchen hoping a warm bottle will silence his cries.

I place him in his high chair and his screams and cries become louder. I move around the kitchen quickly as possible rinsing out his bottle and scooping his formula into the bottle.

I pour some warm enough water into the bottle shaking it as I watch him go silent.

With his mouth open and no sound or indication of breathing, I drop the bottle to the floor.

Screaming for Tish, I grab him out of the high chair. I blow in his face panicking as I watch his lips turn blue.

Tears brim my eyes shading my sight. He is roughly pulled out of my arms and the sound of a hard slap is heard.

Relief washes over me when I finally hear his screams and cries. I fall to the ground crying.

My heart is at the tip of my tongue, my breathing is shaky and my hands tremble as I lean my back against the wall of the counter.

"Him good Zam, him good" Tish reassured me as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

I take a deep breath as I hold onto her outstretched hand.

"Him good, is something he has been doing when he can't get his way, just calm dung Zam" She informs her voice brittle, sounding on the verge of tears.

I take a few more deep breaths while Tish seats herself right beside me with a bottle feeding Jaheem.

She pats her shoulder and I slide down a bit more on the floor, laying my head on her shoulder.

Her hands then wrap around me and her voice comes out soft and shaky.

"I can't believe she's gone" The moment those words register in my brain my tear ducts swell leaking countless amount of tears.

I allow the dam to burst open allowing my emotions and feelings I have been feeling since that night I left the hospital and her parents called an hour later to inform me of her death.

I cry tears of regret, regretting having not gone into her room and tell her how much I loved her.

I regret not holding her close and being there for her as she took her last breath.

I regret ever bringing her around Klaus' and I's relationship to the point that she fell in love with Jaylen.

My heart pains reflecting on how since being informed of Brook's death Jaylen has refused to speak or even acknowledge anyone.

I move even closer to Tish, feeling her tears fall on my cheek.

She rubs my back soothingly as she too breaks down.