Chapter 64

Enjoy✨
Vote💫

🔷🔹Klaus' POV🔹🔷
Tuesday, March 21st
7:15 am

The officer turns the key in the handcuffs and my hands fall free.

I rub my wrist, trying to rub out the red circles that formed from the handcuffs being too tightly cuffed around my wrists.

"Walk over to the seats, sit in one and wait for them to call you," the officer says and I nod obeying.

I sit and look around the empty room. Saying a silent prayer to the one above, hoping that today has the outcome I want.

I don't want to spend the remaining of my life inside the four dark corners of a cell.

Don't want to be like him

And I know it's ironic seeing as the life that I am living but it was placed on me, it was either me or Knox and Knox wouldn't want it leaving it to kaheel who I believe would be deadlier than me.

So I took it up hoping that one day that I would be able to walk away from it all.

The door opens and another officer leads me out into the big life-changing room.

My eyes scan the room around me. Lingering on the fidgeting jurors the ones who the rest of my life depends on.

I shift my gaze away from them and to Bar where my hopeful family sits.
My mother's eyes filled with unshed tears and eyes sunken into their sockets. Kalyani hugs her around her waist her eyes filled with tears as well. Knox and Kaheel sit together their faces stone hard.

I scan the other side of the room looking for her.

She sits beside her mother, her head held down and her hands slightly shaking.

Her mother's eyes pierce mine and I give her a blank stare.

Old bitch

I turn away from them and face the bench. A little while after a door opens and in walks a woman dressed in her black robe.

She addresses the court and we all sit.

The room is silent and the only sounds that can be heard are that of the court clerk tapping away on her keyboard and the sound of papers moving and brushing against each other.

I zone out as they speak about the case.

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶

I can't seem to stop looking at him despite being only to see the back of his head my eyes are glued to him.

I shift in my seat from nerves and my mom's eyes find mine.

"What wrong wit yuh?" she asks her voice harsh.

"Nothing" I look away from her and hear her hiss.

My attention is stuck to the case hoping that he can be set free.

"Mr Simmons has stolen from the elderly, who had no idea what was being done to them. He had no heart whatsoever.