Chapter 45

Enjoy 💕
Vote🫠

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
December 24th
8:13 am

I wake up to the smell of fried plantains and fried dumplings and immediately my stomach growls.

Nuh think there is a betta way to wake up

I do my morning routine and walk to the stairs to the kitchen, the closer I get to the kitchen the more I notice that there are multiple different aromas of foods coming from it.

I enter and am met with Klaus slaving over the stove with the island filled with a lot of food.

Tuh the amount a food yuh woulda swear issa army him a cook fah

On the island, there are eggs, franks, bread, baked beans, plantains, pancake, ackee and salt fish and fritters.

My mouth waters at the sight.
"Why yuh cook so much food?" I ask as I take a seat around the island.

"Mi nuh too know weh yuh like suh mi mek everything inna small portions" I look at the food again if a dis him call small portions mi nuh way see big then.

I nod my head as I reach over to each plate taking a little of everything.

I feel his eyes on me as I plate my food. I look up and our eyes make four.

With a questioning look, I ask him:
"A wah?"

He rubs his hand over his head and then takes a seat beside me.

He clears his throat and then takes my left hand into his.
"Mi sorry fi the way and the time mi come in last night, mi just have a lot on mi plate and I just wanted to ease off a little stress" he stares at me intensely and I nod.

"Yuh upset?" Confusion taints his face.

I shake my head and take a bite of the dumpling.

But wait uncle can cook man

"Suh why you look and a behave suh?" I turn to look at him.

"Klaus, I am not upset," I lie, mi nuh really upset mi just hurt dat mi di a look forward to putting up the decorations last night.

"Zam yuh face caah hide how yuh feel" he hisses his teeth and then walks back over to the stove.

I roll my eyes as we fall into a stifling silence. He walks past me and into the living room with his plate.

I finish up my breakfast before heading upstairs to get ready for work.

Auntie had asked me to come in today.

I take the other stairs leading to the room and enter the bathroom to get ready.

I finally get ready and grab my things and walk down the stairs.

Midway I stop when I hear him speaking softly but passionately into the phone.

"How dat happen mi neva tell the man dem fi lowe off a dat man, mi caah talk to Supa dwag, dem a watch him " he shouts a bit.