Chapter 86

Enjoy🕊️
Vote✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV 🔸🔶
Sunday, July 2nd
12:18 pm

I tighten the straps of my dress before smoothing it out with my hands. The soft fabric brushes against my hands as I smoothen out the ends of my dress.

I walk over to the standing mirror, taking a look at my outfit. I fluff the curls out a bit more to give the hair a bit more volume before walking to my closet to grab a bag.

I walk around the room stuffing the bag with sample-size essentials before finally being ready to leave the house.

I walk down the stairs, and the sound of my feet slapping against the tiles can be heard due to how quiet the house is.

I hiss my teeth as I search for the keys to Klaus' Audi Q-8. This man brought home a brand-new Audi the day after we argued about him buying me a car and has been leaving early before me anytime we have to go anywhere just so that I am forced to have to drive the van.

I grab my water bottle from the kitchen before closing the door behind me and placing the key inside my little bag.

I open the door to the Audi and the new car scent hits me despite this car being almost a week old and being driven every day.

I start the car, buckle my seatbelt and start my gospel playlist. On a day like today, I need the strength of the Lord to lean on.

I lean forward in the car trying to see if I can make it through the tiny space left to drive through because of cars lining both streets of the road. I ring Klaus and he answers on the second ring.

"Where am I to park?" I ask him as I sigh in defeat. This is the second time I have gone around per the request of the security guard and still, no space to park has been relieved.

"Inside the church parking lot has space Zam, how yuh nuh reach in here yet?" He asks sounding stressed.

"Because I was told to park outside Klaus," I say matching his tone.

"Drive up to the gate, I am coming outside," He says and ends the call

I lean forward even more, My eyes move back and forth between my two rear mirrors making sure to not touch anything as I make my way to the church gate. I see Klaus say something to the same security guard that told me that I had to park outside and he slides open the gate.

I drive in and the church parking lot is filled with unoccupied parking spaces.

I park the car and grab my bag as Klaus stands a few feet away waiting on me. I pull my shades down and exit the car locking it with my key fob.

Klaus extends one of his hands while the other remains tucked in his pocket. I give him mine as we both walk into the chair.

Loud screams and cries can be heard and instantly tears line my eyes. He walks me over to a seat right behind Grabba's family.

I sit quietly and watch the beautiful sermon of life. His family would go silent for a few minutes before a loud gut-wrenching outburst could be heard.

Klaus hands me his handkerchief and I wipe the tears from my eyes. Grabba and I weren't that much of friends but he would be around Klaus most of the time and with him being Jaheem's father we would interact more than a little and from our little interactions, he was a jovial, honest and down-to-earth guy. Maybe a couple of times he wasn't my cup of tea because of how blunt and how rude his words might come off but overall he was a great guy and didn't deserve what happens to him.