Chapter 96

Enjoy🤍
Vote and Comment ✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Wednesday, August 30th
9:53 am

I lay my pounding head on my folded arms as their argument gets louder. I feel Tish's hand rub my back soothing and I release a sigh.

The shouting continues and I lift my head quickly at the sound of a hard slap.

"Nuh because yuh tek man and breed yuh feel like seh yuh a big woman inna this. Mi, Tish and Zam a the only woman inna the house stop smell yuh ranking front, it a fool yuh" Candace shouts as I watch her grip Lyani's shirt and pull her to ruffly towards her.

"Mi give yuh enough grace and memba this mi nuh fraid fi lick that out a yah." She continues pointing her finger in Kalyani's face with every word.

Tears roll down Kalyani's cheek as she stares at her mother whose anger seems to be bigger than this entire room.

Tish gets up from beside me and walks over to them pleading to Candace to let Kalyani go.

"Tish, stay out a this. A because mi neva did a deal with har suh mek she come breed pon mi. Mi nah mek nuh likkle gyal come disrespect mi inna this, before that she leff out a diss" She concludes shoving Kalyani away from her causing her to stumble and almost fall.

"This nuh need fah Candace, mi know yuh angry but you have to be careful a wah yuh a seh now caah even if unuh get back on good terms weh yuh just seh a while aguh, a guh always deh wit har." Tish shares and Candace hisses her teeth before turning to the pot of soup she's making for me.

"She more than lucky, she nuh have nuh manners and mi blame miself. If mi used to floor har from she likkle den she wouldn't be in the situation she is." Candace counters and Tish sighs before making her way back to me.

She sits beside me and resumes rubbing my back.

Lyani leaves the room quietly with nothing but tears rolling down her cheeks as she hugs her growing belly.

I get up from my seat and follow behind her.

She enters her room and immediately goes to pack her suitcase.

I sit on the bed as I watch her move back and forth between the drawers, closet and her little carry-on.

"Lyani" I softly call and she continues packing, paying me no attention.

"Kalyani" I try again and she stops and turns around to face me.

I call her over and she flops herself down on the bed and starts to cry. I left her head and place it on my lap.

I rub the side of her head and she cries. I allow her to get all of her built-up anger out before I offer her my advice.

"Kalyani" I call and she turns facing me. She wipes her eyes and looks up at me.

"She doesn't really mean all she's saying. She's just hurt and doesn't know how to handle what is happening. She's disappointed, maybe ashamed and maybe also regretful. Remember that she also had your brother at your age and she probably didn't want the same for you" I share and she goes to cut me off.