Chapter 9

Enjoy ❤️
Vote and Comment✨

🔶🔸Zambia POV🔸🔶
Thursday, August 18th
12:13 pm

The youth centre finally finished being built 2 weeks ago and since then I have been busy with the designing aspect of it.

The design of the building has been doing nothing but stress mi out and mi decide seh it nah go mek mi grow grey hair before mi time.

Dis a wah happen when yuh Nuff and love tek up people things pon yuh self. Mi will neva Eva again tell no body seh mi will do anything for them. Cause a no likkle bawling puh dung since I started designing the building.

So I'm taking a break from the design to go out and get myself prepare for the reopening of school since I only have two weeks until it opens.

My friends planned a brunch and back-to-school shopping after.
I am currently getting ready for it. I plan to see if I can get any inspiration while out today to help with the design of the entrance of the youth centre.

It's the only part of the centre not designed as yet and it's only a week left until the opening.

I start the engine of my Honda Civic that I got back from the mechanic a week ago. Mi affi thank God cause now mi can go bout mi business without  Queen Miserable inna mi business.

I have yet to confront her about her snooping around in my room. But I am waiting until the day I leave for my second year at Uwi. I can't wait to leave.

Leaving the house had always been like a man imprisoned for years and has finally been let out. I feel so much like me paying the time for a crime that I have no idea of committing.

I pull into the parking lot at Chillin's. To see Crystal one of my friends but we aren't as close as brook.
Standing in the lot speaking with an employee.

I park the car and walk over to her.

"I could have sworn that the reservation I made said 11 so I'm unsure by what you mean that you see my reservations for 3," she says as she dugs through her handbag possibly looking for her phone.

"It's just what I see on the system ma'am you and your friends can come back at 3, we are currently full and can't accommodate you guys" the employee looks completely stressed out which can happen to you when you're dealing with someone like Crystal.

When you talk about uptown girls Crystal would be at the top of the list. Like my family, her family is also one of the elites of Jamaica. And she loves to pull her "links" when things don't go her way.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is looking for her phone to call someone who knows the person who owns Chillin's

The rest of the women pull up consisting of Brook, Lyla and Gianna. I have known Lyla and Gianna from high school and Crystal from prep school.

Crystal is still going back and forth with the employee.  I roll my eyes as she starts to go off about the people she knows and how she can just make a call and we can get in. She has always been like this you can just say that she is the hype one in our group.

"Let it guh nuh Crystal, we can go get our school supplies and then come back" Gianna's voice is full of annoyance which Crystal hears.

"Gianna I know that you aren't used to this type of lifestyle, so just calm yourself while I call my mother and have us get in" we are all shocked by Crystal's response.

This cause cussing between Crystal and Gianna. This leaves Crystal in tears and Gianna wanting to fight her.

We all agree on just waiting until 3 to come back to the restaurant and just do school shopping for now.