Chapter 35

Enjoy💛
Vote✨

🔷🔹Klaus' POV🔹🔷
A week later
Monday, Dec 12th
10:23 am

I readjust the tie around my neck as nerves creep up my body.

I shake my hands in an attempt to calm myself. It doesn't seem to work as my belly tightens and I start to feel hot.

I pull at my tie loosing it as I lean over and rest my hands on the bed taking big deep breaths to calm my racing heart.

I start to sweat profusely and my heart tightens. I grab my chest gasping for air, I walk wobbly to the bathroom and splash water on my face.

I look in the mirror at my slightly swollen face, my eyes are bloodshot red showing clearly how sleep-deprived I am.

My once waves, now messy due to the number of times I ran my hand over them in frustration.

I can't believe even after all these years I have allowed him to still have this effect on me.

I am not supposed to feel like this for God's sake I am a don.

Yet every time I have to see him or do something for him, I feel like this.

I know this is one of my many attacks, but I haven't gotten one in 2 years and I was certain that I would no longer feel like this since I have shut off my feelings when it came to him.

I stare at myself in the mirror I look weak, pathetic and a sorry excuse of a man.

I am Klaus Simmons one of the most feared men in Jamaica yet, seeing a man that I haven't seen in years has me feeling like I am about to die.

To slow down my racing heart, I take slow breaths in through my nose and out through my mouth. I close my eyes and focus solely on my breathing.

Dr Bryan's voice plays through my head with her instructions. Focusing on what she has been teaching me and in no time I feel calm and somewhat relaxed.

I open my eyes and look at myself.
I readjust my white button-up and fold the sleeves up to my elbow.

I make back my waves and wash my face once again to get rid of my red eyes.

I walk back out into the bedroom where I grab my jacket put it on then my dress shoes.

I look at myself in the long mirror.

Bwoy look hot.

I chuckle at myself then grab the keys for my range. I am changing my vehicle today as I don't want anyone to know when I arrive.

I drive through the light traffic on Barbican Road with the radio low in the background.

I glance at the time on my watch, I don't want to be too early but I also don't want to be late.

As I drive down the road the Courthouse is on the nerves come rushing back but this time I am in full control of my emotions and I ignore the negative thoughts lingering.

I park the car in the car park and spot Mommy's van a few cars down.

I sigh I know she is desperately hoping for a verdict that I dread.

I exit the van and walk slowly into the Courthouse remembering a couple of years ago I was here hoping and praying that he would be locked away.