Chapter 49

Enjoy🥰
Vote✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
December 27
9:18 am

The truck comes to a stop and my stomach tightens. Nervousness a wash mi like cold sweat.

I breathe through my mouth as I see the many cars lining the streets.

Klaus parks and we get out of the vehicle hand in hand as we walk towards his family house.

The chilly breeze of St.Elizabeth brush against my skin giving me instant goosebumps.

"Yuh good?" I nod my head at his question.

We walk past a couple of family friends not stopping as he hails them I give them an awkward smile.

We finally reach the house. Music is playing loudly and there is so much movement happening people are moving back and forth from the house and a makeshift kitchen at the far side of the house carrying loads of food.

We walk into the house and the noise from outside is blocked out a bit. His mother walks over to us and pulls him in a hug then me.

"Thank you for coming" she smiles before hugging me again.
"Thank you for inviting me" she ushers me away from Klaus and into the kitchen.

The talking in the kitchen quiets down as we walked in.

I scan the room to see a lot of women sitting in the kitchen. Ranging from old to young and they all look somewhat alike.

"So everyone this is Klaus' girlfriend Zambia" a chorus of hello comes from the women in the room.

"Hello, Good morning," I say smiling.

"Yuh neva did a lie man Candace when yuh seh she pretty" A short dark skin woman walks towards us her voice sweet and melodic.

She takes my hands in hers and pulls me over to the table in the room.

She sits beside me and looks at me for a while before speaking.

"Yuh pretty bad, mi suh glad that as a dark skin girl like yuh self yuh nuh tek up bleaching pon yuhself" I smile before saying thank you.

"Mi not even tell yuh who mi be, me is Klaus old granny Shirlene, Shir fi short."

Others introduce themselves and I notice how big Klaus' family is.
It reminds me of Dad's side of the family.

We talk and laugh as they cook dinner. Eventually, I missed Klaus' presence and wanted to see him.

His mother seems to see it and laughs as she points me in his direction.

I walk out of the house and round to the back where he is sitting with a bunch of his family members. I spot Bulla and become curious as to why he's here if Klaus said that this is an event between his family.

I start to feel awkward the more I walk towards him. He looks up at me when I am a few feet away from him.

"Good morning" I politely say, they respond saying good morning.