Chapter 39

Enjoy🌸
Vote, Vote✨

Continuation

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶

He hisses his teeth at my request, before starting up back the car and pulling out unto the road.

We are about 10 minutes away from his house and I don't plan and going back there.

"Klaus you can just let me off at the next bus stop," I say as I remove his things from my tote bag and put them on the seat.

He brought this tote bag for me last night at the hotel, it had everything we needed as a couple for the night.

He glares at me through the mirror as I look back at him with a blank expression.

"Mi nah leff yuh nuh where a yuh yard mi a bring yuh," he says as he picks up speed.

I roll my eyes at his statement ready to give him a proper cuss out but is stopped by the ringing of my phone.

Looking at the caller's I.D. my heart drops and worry floods me.

It's Brooklyn and we haven't spoken in weeks, and her calling me worries me as she said our friendship was practically over.

I answer the phone on its third ring putting it to my ears.

The line is silent and all I can hear is her breathing.

"Hello?" I say questionably

"Zambia," she says her voice quiet and unsure.

"Yes, brook" my voice saying exactly how I feel surprised.

"Umm, I am just calling to see if you are alright as mommy told me about your father"

"Thank you for caring Brook, he is okay"

"Okay, then"

I go to hang up the phone but her voice stops me.

"Zam we really ago mek one woman mash-up years of friendship?" she asks her voice filled with sadness.

"Brook is you have the problem ennuh or created the problem we could have squashed this a long time ago but no yuh mek jealousy cloud yuh thinking," I say to her in all honesty.

"I know Zam mi just did feel a way and I still do, but I want to work out this and maybe we can all be friends" she suggested that has been what I wanted to do for how long.

"So, are you and your friend available Sunday for brunch where we can meet and talk and get to know each other more?" she asks her voice hopeful.

"A yes from me but I would have to ask her and sees what she says," I say

"Understandable, I hope everything is good with you and I love you forever and always," she says.

"You too but mi know a long time you waah fi profess your love to me ennuh" I laugh as she burst out laughing as well.

"Ahh whatever you say Zambia"