Epilogue

Enjoy🤍
Vote and Comment ✨

5 years later

🔷🔹Klaus' POV🔹🔷
Sunday, May 12
9:36 am

I stare at the graves not far from each other as the raindrops tap against the freshly cleaned tiles.

I watch as she kneels in front of one her palms pressed hard against the tiles steadying herself. She has always been emotional coming here and she makes it her point of duty to visit her every Sunday.

I open the umbrella I carried with me because of how overcast it looked and hold it over her head.

She looks up at me her eyes swollen and red. She continues to update her about her week only talking about the positives.

The rain is starting to come down a bit heavier and I tap her on her shoulder.

"Let's go to the other one before the rain comes down even harder" I advise and she nods her head.

I help her up and walk her to the other grave. She sits the flowers beside the headstone and kneels.

I stare down at her as tears roll down her cheeks.

The raindrops are becoming even more heavier and the symmetry, gate nuh fraid fi flood out.

I help her up and she stands. We walk out of the cemetery skipping big pools of murky water.

I open the door and allow her to sit inside. I go around and enter the car.

I turn on the AC making my way out of the ceremony and up the hills to stony hills.

"Yuh picking up Zenzi?"I ask her and she nods her head as she wipes her nose.

"We can pick Kazeli now," I say as I glance at the time on my watch.

"But if you want some time to yourself I can take them and bring them with me"I suggest and she shakes her head.

"Let's go for Kaz now and later we pick up Zen from Mommy" She suggests and I laugh.

"Why we a pick up Zen later?" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"Mi waah likkle piece of mind before me deal with yuh, daughter sir. If I follow Zenzi mi will guh mad" She says ending with a big sigh.

She isn't lying Zen is more than a hand full and feels as if you are dealing with 20 children when dealing with her.

She will be 1 year old in 3 days and she gives the most trouble between her sister and her.

As much as the troublemaker she is I would give up the world for her.

"You're the reason why she stay like that and you refuse to acknowledge it. She won't play with you like she does with me" She blames and I shake my head.

"Zambia Simmons stop tell lie pon mi." I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"Really, yesterday she asked for ice cream and you heard me tell her no, yet you went behind my back and gave it to her same way. She literally doesn't listen to me because she knows that you will always agree with her"She expresses seriously and I turn to look at her stopping at the stop light.