Chapter 44

Enjoy❤
Vote✨

🔶🔸Zambia's POV🔸🔶
Dec 23rd 2:40 pm

My eyes scan the aisles of Christmas decorations, and I become more indecisive.

Do I want to go with the red and black theme for Christmas or the all-white one?

I push the cart further down the aisle to examine the decorations.

I look at the rack a few feet from me lined with couples matching PJs.

I smile at the thought of Klaus and I wearing one. I walk over to them and look through them searching for my size.

I pull out my phone and dial Klaus' number it rings for three rings before it goes straight to voice mail.

I ring him again and the same thing happens. Hissing my teeth I take up a pair of the men's PJs and inspect them. It seems to be big enough for Klaus.

I put it in the trolly and continue my shopping.

I stay in the aisle for a few minutes pondering on the Christmas theme to go with before I decided to just ask for a second or third opinion from Brook and Tish.

I dial Brook's number before adding Tish to the call.

"I want your guy's opinion on something"
They both hum in response to my statement.

"Suh seeing as Christmas is two days away, I want to start decorating now and since as mi now live a the bwoy place I want to know if I should go with the red and black decorations or the all-white decor?" I ask awaiting their response.

They both say silent for a few seconds I guess pondering on which one might go well with the house.

"Since as I don't know what the house looks like cause yuh never invite me there yet I would say go with the red and black, "Brook says.

"I am inviting you over for New Year's" I chuckle and she hisses her teeth.

"Suh why mi affi wait suh long?"

"Cause by then the house will look like a me and him live there and not just him one" I defend

"Tish?" Weirdly, she has been awfully quiet and this so much unlike her.

"I say go with the all-white it looks more modern" her tone flat and dry.

I raise an eyebrow at her tone

"Yuh good?" I ask, this is not the tish I am used to

"Yeah,"and once again her tone is just dry and void of any of the happiness or excitement that she usually has.

"Guys me ago call unuh back,mi nuh too feel well,"without even giving us any time to question or answer her she ends the call with us.

Brook and I remain in a deafening and disbelieving silence for a few moments before Brook speaks up.

"Mi nuh think she good" Brooks says.

"Mi agree with you"

Brook and I speak for a few minutes as I show her the things I am buying for the house.

"When you plan fi decorate the house?" she asks.

"Tonight when Klaus comes home."

"Ahh"

A little while after she ends the call and I walk to the cashier and pay for my items.

The long drive home I ponder on Tish's behavoiur on the phone. I can't think of anything I have said or Brook have said to make her upset or distance herself from us.

This is so much unlike her and even if we did anything, the way how straight foward Tish is she would have made us aware of what we did.

I sigh as pull into the gargae of the house. I shut off the engine of my car and step out pulling the trunk.

I take out the items I bought from the store and struggle with them into the house.

By how quiet the house is this means that Klaus is not at home.

I pack out the stuff laying them on the floor. I had ordered a tree a few days ago and it arrived today.

So I walk out to the front of the house and pull the heavy box into the house.

I walk up the stairs to the bedroom where I walk into the bathroom and take a shower.

After my shower,  I walk back downstairs and chef up some curried chicken and white rice.

I sit on the couch eating and watching The Woman King. After I finish eating, I take the dishes to the kitchen to wash them up.

I walk back into the living room where I lay down in the couch with my blanket and watch a few other movies.

🔶🔸

Hours has passed and yet Klaus hasn't reached back home as yet.

My eyes dance over the clock once again for the hundredth time today my heart only getting heavier every time the clock's hands move and he hasn't opened the door.

Another hour passes and I try his phone once again it goes straight to voicemail.

It's 1:14 am and he still isn't back.

My ears perk up at the sound of a car engine. I quickly get up off the couch and race to the front door.

I am met with a slouching Klaus.

I step back into the house as he passes me into the house stinking of weed and rum.

This is so unlike him.

It seems as everyone is just different from their usually self today.

He walkes into the living room and flop himself down into the couch and immediately holds his head after this.

How the hell did he drive home in this condition?

I walk over to him as calmly as I can be.

He leans back his head on the couch and widens his legs.

His eyes find mine and I stare at him blankly, his lips turn up into a smile.

"Yuh know yuh pretty" he says slurring his words.
"Mi know" I roll my eyes as I push away his hand that finds the hems of my shorts.

"Why yuh just a reach home Klaus?" He looks at me then smiles.

"Mi nuh feel too good" he rubs his hand over his face for the hundredth time.

Hissing my teeth I rise from the couch and walk into the kitchen to get him a glass of water. I hand him the glass and he downs the entire glass

I take the glass from him and rest it on the centre table before my army of questions.

"Klaus?" I call, he turns his head to face me, his eyes are blood shot red and his pupils are dilated.He seems to not even know what is going on.

"Baby, where were you?" My hands rub his cheeks gently as he looks off in a daze.
His eyes finally find mine and he just looks at me blankly, before he starts smiling.

It freaks me out for a second before I decide to just help him to the room to sleep it off then we talk about it in the morning.

"Come, I'm going to carry you to the room" I struggle to get him to stand and then we move slowly to the guest room, it is already so much hassle to get him to walk to the guest room so I can only imagine how worse it would be to have him go up the stairs.

We finally reach the room and I help him into the bed and he groans every time his head moves. The minute he lays his head on the pillow he's asleep.

I walk into the living room and starts the decorations on my own. I really wanted him to help and it worries me that he came in high and drunk and this is so not him.

It just seems as if everyone today is not being themselves.

🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅
Thank you for reading remember to vote, share and comment
Love
Shan❤️