Chapter 10

Enjoy❤
Vote and Comment ✨

🔶🔸Zambia's Pov🔶🔸
Saturday, August 26th
9:15 am

Today I'm extra busy as Today is the opening of the youth centre. Since early this morning at 6 am Klaus's team and I have done nothing but run around getting ready.

To say that I am nervous would be an understatement. To the way, I'm nervous diarrhoea all catch me.

I am hoping that the centre is as beautiful as Klaus hopes. Everyone has been complimenting it since they have reached here but no-ones opinion matters if he doesn't like it.

Things have been hectic and the set-up of the opening is looking beautiful thus far. We are expecting a lot of people to be here today as this event isn't only about the opening of the youth centre tho it is the main focus of the event
but it is also a back-to-school fair as well.

Multiple companies are here setting up things under the white tent that they have been assigned to by Klaus's event planner.

There are also water slides, clowns, a cotton candy machine, face-painting, and give-aways by companies.

My heart is filled with warmth and pride as I look at all the activities happening before me. To be a part of this wonderful and meaningful event can not be described in words as the amount of gratitude I feel to be able to help give back to the people who don't have as much as me.

The bright smiles of the children who just left the dental tent, the wet children playing around, the ones who have gone to the cotton candy machine more than once and the parents who are with big broad smiles as they collect food baskets and grant. The air is filled with nothing but pure joy and happiness.

I quickly wipe away the small drops that fell from my eyes and quickly finish the work I have to do.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

While driving home to take a quick bath and get properly dressed for the opening. I say a quick prayer to God praying that when I burst  open the big double doors I do not even catch a glance of Natalie Gradly-Nelson because I don't know how I will lie my way out of it.

I reach and quickly walk to the door I turn the knob and see that it's closed. I push my key in and open it while saying thank you to the big man upstairs and closing the door behind me. I rush up the stairs and quickly jump into the shower and take a bath.

I am putting on my shoes when I hear the turning of the lock on the front door.

I swear to God a mussi Hellshire Mommy push mi out cause mi one caah salt suh. I quickly put on my jewellery and grab my things.

Trying to brainstorm a way out of the house without mommy catching me.

It's the fact that she doesn't come home this early so that means that the devil is working overtime pon my file.

Hissing my teeth I muster up all the courage I could find in my body and walk through my door. If she sees mi a suh and mi a go bout mi business mi a big woman mi nuh suppose to a ansa to mi mada.

I walk down the stairs and to my surprise sitting on the couch is my dad and not my mom words can't express how happy I am. He's more lenient than her and won't necessarily care as long as he knows where I'm going.

"Daddy weh yuh a do home suh early" looking at him now he looks tired. There are very dark bags under his eyes.

"Bwoy mi daughta mi tired and mi decide fi come home come rest" he puts up his foot onto the centrepiece.