Chapter 1

Welcome🤗
Enjoy

🔶🔸Zambia Nelson's POV🔸🔶
Sunday, June 12
Norbrook, Kingston
7:00 pm

"Yuh done do weh yuh fi do?" miss miserable asks.

"Yes mother, I am done, I did everything you asked"I reply making sure to make eye contact with her.

Knowing how she loves to complain about it being disrespectful to speak to her without maintaining eye contact.

"Ahh mek sure when mi guh inna mi kitchen and look pon mi stove me can see my face missy" my mother stressed.

Sometimes I wonder why is it that we have a helper if she always wants me to do the work, what was the sense of daddy hiring a helper?

She wah yuh fi be wifey material
my subconscious says sassily

I roll my eyes internally, cause if mommy eva see mi rolling my eyes she a guh feel a fi she it meant fah and she ago mek up one bagga noise.

"Remember your dad said you are going to be helping out at the hardware for the entire summer. I know we agreed on half of the summer but we will need you the entire summer, so get yuh things dem ready so you can leave with him early tomorrow as I won't be able to carry you there " she reminds me leaving me confused as that wasn't exactly what we agreed on.

"Okay, but when will I have time to help out Aunty Julliet?" I ask with a sense of disappointment hinting in my voice.

They always do this make me a deal and then go back on their words.

"Don't question me Zam I said, what I said you will be helping your dad end of discussion" she says her voice stern voice, daring me to continue the disagreement

"Okay Mother," I say wearily hauling myself up from the couch and heading up the stairs to my room.

Laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling I replay the deal we made.

I would help dad for the entire of June and July and then I would help Aunt Juliet at her medical centre the entire of August and the first week of September.

But no she wants me to spend the entire summer helping dad in the hardware, and don't get me wrong I am not being ungrateful it's just that I want to be a doctor and since I am going to UWI med working at Aunt Juliet's would have helped me.

Sometimes I feel trapped living here with my parents and their way of life. This "uptown" living as my friends call it (eye roll) just sucks so much life out of me. From speaking, a certain way when around certain people, the balls, and conducting myself in a certain manner which doesn't always allow me to express myself just stresses me out.

I am 20 years old and feel so out of control of my life everything I do and say is controlled and checked by my parents, especially my mom, my dad is more lenient probably because he didn't grow up in this type of life since he grew up in the country.

While my mom is a lawyer whose family is one of the elites in Jamaica she grew up in the "uptown " life and grew me the same.

She wants a picture-perfect family so that she can talk about it when she goes to brunch on Saturday morning with her hypocrite "friends", I don't know how they call each other friends as all they do is go on brunch to hype and each other and chat their each other.

Yuh madda a one a dem
the lady in my head reminds me

Yes, a true mommy and dem a the same thing as she comes back from brunch she chat dem with Aunty Juliet.