Chapter 82

Enjoy🙃
Vote✨

Continuation

🔷🔹Klaus' POV 🔹🔷
11:43 pm

I watch her curled up in the corner of the dark vehicle sleeping silently as the driver drives us home.

The furrowed brows and creases running across her forehead tell me that even in deep sleep she worries.

A sigh leaves me.

This was one of the main reasons why I wanted to keep this part of my life away from her. Having to explain everything I do to her is just stressful.

She will never fully understand this life and I am glad about that but her curiosity will always get the best of her.

She pulls her jacket to her more and I tell the driver to turn up the AC more.

I position her better taking her legs into my lap. She fixes her posture still deep in sleep. I close my eyes as well wanting to welcome the peace and calm that I feel when sleeping near her.

But that peace and calm never come. Instead, the image of Grabba's family crying and the screams of his mother when she heard the news takes residence in my mind. The memory of her grip on my shirt and how she crumpled to the floor screaming plays over and over in my mind.

The way how she shook her head violently and gripped her stomach as she screamed and flung herself on the ground. The screams and cries of his sisters and how his grandmother sat with her mouth open with tears streaming down her face wanting to cry but no sounds left her mouth.

They cried and screamed at different time intervals. One moment they were silent and the other they were screaming and crying. I watched silently as they went through all 4 stages of grief except the 5th acceptance.

The most hurtful part of their grief to watch was the bargaining process where his mother begged God to take her instead of her only son.

It took me about 6 hours to finally get them to the stage of acceptance. They remained quiet just slowly rocking from time to time. With not a hint of light in their eyes. They looked as if life itself was sucked out of them. And it pained me even more when I had to lie to them.

There was no way on earth I could have sat there and told them Bulla had killed Grabba. I couldn't look into his mother's eyes and tell her that the little boy she would feed in the evenings when we would go there to play PlayStation had taken her son's life.

So I lied as I knew it would be better to just lie. Only those who were there to witness the shooting and the aftermath would be the ones to say that it wasn't true.

Police records would prove that it was a robbery and I made sure that the truth would never come out.

I rub my eyes as the burning increases. I haven't slept in the last 3 days. From time to time my eyes would close but no sleep would take place.

My phone vibrates and I remove it from my pocket. Answering it I place it to my ears, to hear the sound of screaming and crying.

God see and know seh mi nuh waah hear nuh more crying.

"Choppie," A voice says and I wait for them to continue.