Part 2

When all the officers and senior leaders of the rebellion had made their exit, leaving the two of them alone, he quickly escorted her to a nearby room hoping to avoid further embarrassment. The room, which appeared to be set up to be a private shooting range, was long and narrow with a metallic target mounted at the far end and a table near the entrance with various blasters mounted on the wall behind it. He sat her down, and positioning himself on the other side of the table, confronted her coldly.

Meanwhile, Luke and Leia had curiously watched from a distance and were chatting about the incident while approaching the closed door where Han had taken her. To their dismay, they could soon hear a loud and heated argument which had erupted on the other side of the door.

"I won't go back there, not even for a million credits." She replied to her brother's attack firmly.

" She replied to her brother's attack firmly

"You will... and I'll make sure of it!" He threw his counter at her, as if he was fighting an opponent and showing that he was stronger and had the upper hand.

"If you're so keen on making it happen, you'll have to drag me there with you..." She challenged him again, not holding back her menacing glare.

"You must be crazy." He didn't expect such a stubborn response from his sister. He was even slightly impressed by her proposal, but he had no intention of easing up on her.

"You have a ship, right? So... what's the problem...!?"

He felt she had won again and he didn't like it. "It's..." He stuggled to explain himself and allowed his nerves to ease a little, but didn't show it. "It's complicated," he replied bluntly. "You don't know anything about life...," he threw in at the end.

"I... I don't know...!" she looked at him astonished that he treated her lonely eleven years with contempt. "Did you forget something... Brother?!" she swallowed nervously and continued. "You were the one who made empty promises there... on Suir... remember?" She paused for a moment and looked up at him. Does it not even bother him that he abandoned me? Although there was not a hint of remorse on his face she continued, "You think my life has been easy since then? Is that what you think? How long can you wait for someone...?!" she shouted. "How long!?" She shouted again and stood up to control her emotions.

Her words hit Han like a shot from a blaster that had been set to stun. They echoed and resounded in his ears. For a while, he felt debilitated and unable to speak. In a daze, he watched as his sister dropped back down into the chair.

A deafening silence echoed off the walls. She slumped into the chair and fixed her resentful gaze on the table. She was speechless, though she thought she might have wanted to say more if not for the lump in her throat that seemed to prevent it.

Han sat and only glanced at her slightly with a guilt-filled yet angry look in his eyes. He still felt rage, but the blast from his sister's mouth had hit him hard. For the first time, he realized the trauma he had caused her. He felt a pang of regret for being blinded by his own convenience and caring only about himself until now.