Part 71

When she woke up the next morning, she finally felt rested. She hadn't quite regained her strength, but nevertheless her psyche was already definitely better. The nausea was gone for now, although she knew that the beginnings can be very difficult. She was still lying down and trying to recover from a deep sleep. 

The silence and sounds of the forest soothed her soul. After a few minutes, she turned around and saw a sleeping Luke. What a nice change, with the many nights when they were apart. She looked at his gentle face and his decidedly, already more masculine facial features. Gently but so as not to wake him, she touched his nose with her fingertips. 

Then his cheek. How calm and steady his breathing was. She wondered how she should tell him. But for now he was asleep, he was close and she was happy to accept this fact. Once again, she raised her hand toward his face and brushed away a drooping strand of his hair. Then he gently opened his eyes and smiled.

Hello," she whispered, "I delight in the fact that I can wake up next to you.

Mona... - he whispered and leaned in to kiss her.

Mona closed her eyes and felt her heart leap out from inside her. She put her arms around his neck And snuggled in .

After which she replied:

Luke, I have to tell you something. - she made a serious face.

What sweetheart? - interested

You know, I don't want to worry you, but in a few months there will be more of us.

At these words, the boy froze and his eyes grew large. For a moment he still did not grasp what she communicated to him. But it was slowly coming to his consciousness. It clobbered him .

Do you know what I'm talking about? - she asked him looking into his shocked expression ... - I'm saying ... that in a few months ... there will be someone else ...?

Mona...?! Are you sure about this...

Well, you know... if I wasn't, I wouldn't be telling you this. I know that from all this medical point of view it was impossible. But still... - she touched her lower abdomen.

Luke smiled broadly and his eyes sparkled.

My extraordinary, I am overjoyed -  he said this with such pride and joy that Mona began to laugh at the whole situation.

As he hugged her and looked at her, the girl was visibly relieved and whispered again:

To love you and be with you is the greatest gift I got. My life, it will never be the same again.

Then she turned her head, for a moment their gazes met. And after a moment, the whole world ceased to exist. Mona drowned in his arms.