Part 5

A few weeks later.

Chewbacca made a sound, reminiscent of contentment and a greeting. Mona was still in the Falcon here by the kitchen and poured herself some lemonade from a large dispenser in which she had previously squeezed lemon juice. A tall glass stood ready for use and she poured the juice dissolved in water into it. Its sweet yet sour taste caressed her palate gently and pleasantly. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the silence and the cool drink, the taste of which reminded her of Suir.

 When she heard Chewbacca she abruptly opened her eyes, she had a feeling that someone had entered the Falcon and before she knew it she saw Luke in dark pants and a black shirt over which he had put a yellow jacket. He looked a little different than when she first saw him. The boy, surprised by her presence, stopped right at the entrance to the living room and measured her with his eyes again. 

Mona felt uncomfortable, but she hid it and pretended not to see it. It occurred to her that he might have been a little surprised by her presence at such an early hour. And what she was wearing might also have surprised him a bit. Her short-sleeved top ended at the level of her navel, exposing her waist, her bell-bottom pants hugged her shapely figure and her high-top shoes with trapper soles added a few inches.

 She knew that usually when she was to be alone with herself she didn't have to worry about clothes. That's why the presence of her brother's friend strongly surprised and embarrassed her. She didn't even know if she should be the first to say something. But she decided to wait. Especially since the situation was quite awkward for both of them. Mona drank some juice from her glass and kept looking at the confused and surprised intruder. This went on for a long while then finally the silence was filled by the pleasant sound of his voice.

- Have you seen Han?

- Good morning...- she suggested involuntarily - no, but he was supposed to be here a few minutes ago.

Luke's gaze drifted to her, for which she took a few sips again and kept looking at him. Again the silence, which began to make her very uneasy. She did not feel comfortable. She had the feeling that her confidence was slipping away somewhere.

And this was not related to the conversation taking place. Rather, it was with what was happening in between. She saw that this was the second time since her arrival that they were talking. She was glad she had a glass, involuntarily biting the rim of it revealing that she was getting a little stressed.

- Tasty?- he surprised her with this question

- No...actually...- she felt hot -.... lemonade? - she fired out

- Ah...it's lemonade.... Yes...I'll have some... - and here he hung back for a moment wanting to remember her name.